What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Gareth67

First Grade
I would be leaving him in the centers , a combination of Lomax , Suli and Ravalawa has the potential to be one of the most potent in the game . However in saying that it will require Griffin to take them aside and say just that - work together and in time the results will come - ( just my take if I was the coach )

After a couple of seasons then I would consider moving him into the pack , bearing in mind that his work rate would increase significantly compared to the backs . The man biggest problem is that he tends to go walk-about during games and he simply can not afford to do that when playing in the forwards - he needs to earn his keep should he ever make the transition.

TruSaint

Referee
I would be leaving him in the centers , a combination of Lomax , Suli and Ravalawa has the potential to be one of the most potent in the game . However in saying that it will require Griffin to take them aside and say just that - work together and in time the results will come - ( just my take if I was the coach )

After a couple of seasons then I would consider moving him into the pack , bearing in mind that his work rate would increase significantly compared to the backs . The man biggest problem is that he tends to go walk-about during games and he simply can not afford to do that when playing in the forwards - he needs to earn his keep should he ever make the transition.

Agree with you.

Put it this way, if he cant handle centre with us ( which is why we are after him ), then he wont see first grade. He will be found out quick smart in the forwards.

BIG RIG

Juniors
So now that Suli is all but signed - Who’s our next target - We have 4 spots to fill ( 5 if Tariq does leave early )

Has anyone heard any rumours

or does anyone have any ideas about who we should potentially target

RedV11

Juniors
So now that Suli is all but signed - Who’s our next target - We have 4 spots to fill ( 5 if Tariq does leave early )

Has anyone heard any rumours

or does anyone have any ideas about who we should potentially target
Few weeks ago we were interested in Marata Niukore but seems that’s been cold

mickeylane

Bench
If
Ben Hunt must be 30ish so something has to give otherwise we will lose Sullivan if he is the next big thing. I reckon he will be 14 next year resting hunt at times and mixing it up between Hunt Macca and maybe Mbye.
If Sullivan is 14 then Mbye will be out altogether .
Sloan is the 1
Suli is the 4
Amone is 6
Macca is the 9

dungay dragon

Juniors
If

If Sullivan is 14 then Mbye will be out altogether .
Sloan is the 1
Suli is the 4
Amone is 6
Macca is the 9
Thinking ADAM ELLIOTT well worth a shot .Ball playing forward that can play out Eighty similar to JDB .
Naturally would have to have certain misdemeanor type Conditions included in any Contract . One strike and your out !!
No silly price tag , as possibly the Tigers will be the only others interested.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
We still need one top-grade prop and if Sims leaves, we need to replace him with an SOO backrower.

J suppose Mbye was recruited to back up a few positions. A replacement for Clune.

Personally, I like Hunt at hooker and do hope we start 2022 with a Sullivan / Amone halves combination.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Can kick well has good service,were watching 2 different games he stifles our attack he is to slow, good hookers have the ball out in front putting you on the advantage macca can go home hunt to hooker bud to half
Over a full season Sullivan is not quite ready to play 7 or 9 imo and it will do him more harm than good. Hunt is probably our best hooker but he is by far and away our best 7 . Bud and Amone will get plenty of chances throughout the season with the latter maybe even starting. It wouldn't surprise me to to see Sullivan starting by seasons end. Macca will hold our defence together early and provide some crisp passing to help our forwards early, as the game goes on hopefully he can be relieved with someone with a better running game but as it stands imo we are better off starting with 1.Sloan 9.Macca .6.Amone 7.Hunt a nice blend of youth and experience with a bit of X factor in Sloan and Amone.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Ben Hunt must be 30ish so something has to give otherwise we will lose Sullivan if he is the next big thing. I reckon he will be 14 next year resting hunt at times and mixing it up between Hunt Macca and maybe Mbye.
Hopefully if we get some early wins we can have a chance next year to rest Hunt occasionally to give Sullivan a run at 7 here and there. I would be aiming to have him ready to go for 2023, and hopefully Hunt can transition to hooker in his twilight years.