What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I hope we make a play for Elliott things that he has done are not the end of the world stuff just morally wrong,South Coast lad so get him out Sydney could be good for him and the club 80 min forwards are so valuable,
Why not? The Dogs have snapped up both of our cast off's in Dufty and Vaughan, so it is only fair that we get one of theirs in return. Elliot can be a fair player on his day, just needs to have a "stay off the drink" clause in his contract.

blacksafake

First Grade
Thinking ADAM ELLIOTT well worth a shot .Ball playing forward that can play out Eighty similar to JDB .
Naturally would have to have certain misdemeanor type Conditions included in any Contract . One strike and your out !!
No silly price tag , as possibly the Tigers will be the only others interested.
I’d rather not. He appears to be one beer away from stupidity.
A lot of people talk about kikau for 23 i would prefer papalii or matterson from parra my self.
Don’t rate Matterson, He’s also a couple of head knocks away from possibly being medically retired.
The other bloke, Yes

denis preston

First Grade
I would be leaving him in the centers , a combination of Lomax , Suli and Ravalawa has the potential to be one of the most potent in the game . However in saying that it will require Griffin to take them aside and say just that - work together and in time the results will come - ( just my take if I was the coach )

After a couple of seasons then I would consider moving him into the pack , bearing in mind that his work rate would increase significantly compared to the backs . The man biggest problem is that he tends to go walk-about during games and he simply can not afford to do that when playing in the forwards - he needs to earn his keep should he ever make the transition.
Perhaps every 3rd or 4th game in the forwards would get him fitter and appreciate playing in the centre more !

What's your occupation BBJF , life coach ? !!
Remembered your computer password I see.

images

since77

Juniors
I hope we make a play for Elliott things that he has done are not the end of the world stuff just morally wrong,South Coast lad so get him out Sydney could be good for him and the club 80 min forwards are so valuable,
A serial reoffender and a grub. We have a culture to rebuild after the BBQ debacle, Elliot would have been one of the first to rock up that BBQ with a slab of beer on his shoulder looking for a piece of tail.

hewi

Bench
Elliot is attending AA he admits he has an alcohol issue and IMO would be worth the risk. Look at Tanne Milne if you want to see redemption, I wish Elliot the best the hardest step to reform is to admit you have a problem and he has taken that step.

A serial reoffender and a grub. We have a culture to rebuild after the BBQ debacle, Elliot would have been one of the first to rock up that BBQ with a slab of beer on his shoulder looking for a piece of tail.
To me, for a guy like Adam Elliott to truly get back on the rails and perform… the best club would be a Storm, Roosters, or Souths/Bennett (granted Bennett is leaving). That may sound obvious but Bellamy, Robinson and Bennett are the 3 best coaches going around and strong leadership is something Elliott hasn’t yet played under. These clubs have strong leadership in coaching AND in the team. Playing underneath experienced coaches that are also mentors, alongside leaders on the field / in the team, in a successful structure and an environment where the team truly comes first - I think these are crucial elements to turn it around. Unsure if he’ll get that opportunity though.

The bloke can play. His “offences” are arguably more moral than anything else, but all revolve around the drink.

I just don’t think the Dragons nor Elliott would be best for each other now.

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Those were the days, my friend,
I thought they’d never end.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Elliot is not what we need nor is he any good. Looked good in a poor dogs side. The guy is a dead set shit for brains as his brain explosions not only are off the field but he has them on the field. He just doesn’t look the type of bloke players would like to play with. Don’t know why any club would want to be associated with him.

stgeorge1

Juniors
Elliot is not what we need nor is he any good. Looked good in a poor dogs side. The guy is a dead set shit for brains as his brain explosions not only are off the field but he has them on the field. He just doesn’t look the type of bloke players would like to play with. Don’t know why any club would want to be associated with him.
Good player

Como Connection

First Grade
Elliot is attending AA he admits he has an alcohol issue and IMO would be worth the risk. Look at Tanne Milne if you want to see redemption, I wish Elliot the best the hardest step to reform is to admit you have a problem and he has taken that step.
Joe Walsh "One day at a time".
CC