What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

possm

Coach
Why are people trying to fit 3 pegs into 2 holes, just isn't going to work.

Macca will be the starting or bench hooker. So that's either #9 or #14.
Mbye will be either be the bench hooker or starting hooker. So that's either #14 or #9.

So it can be determined that positions #9 and #14 are filled.

The battle for the #6 will come down to Jr and Bud, with probably Jr being the frontrunner.

So it can be determined that #6 is filled.

Ben Hunt will wear the #7 and will captain the team.

So, unless there's an injury, positions 6, 7, 9 ad 14 look safely locked away.

Just on Bud. He's signed for another 4yrs. His opportunity will come soon enough and that's why he re-signed for the further 3 seasons. He's also missed a lot of football over the last 2yrs, through COVID and injury. Have patience.
I liked your post however, if Sullivan kills it in the off-season and show Griffin why it would be best for the team if the spine is:
Sloan
Amone
Sullivan
Hunt
Then I believe that will be the spine. If not, Sullivan will be in reserve grade.

Illusion

Bench
If they are good enough play them, the" bring them along slowly" doesn't cut it for me..... If people are worried about them getting injured then it can still happen in lower grades and then we will never know ..... The team has been crying out for young talented kids we have them now if they are good enough play them now .....

BBTB

Juniors
If they are good enough play them, the" bring them along slowly" doesn't cut it for me..... If people are worried about them getting injured then it can still happen in lower grades and then we will never know ..... The team has been crying out for young talented kids we have them now if they are good enough play them now .....
Think it should be left to the
Coach. After all that's why we
Employed him. If it works out , sign him up again, if not
move him on.

Reddragon

Bench
I think the difference is that all the good young players are in the spine except for hooker.
Doubt many teams would run with a spine of 6, 7, and 1 that have played only about 20 games between them.
Having Hunt at 7 and McCullough/Mybe at 9 means you can try 2 rookies at 1 and 6. That will still be highly experimental.

Dragon David

First Grade
Its good to read that Griffin is giving Sloan and Ramsey praise and that they are both getting heavier which is what they both need to put on weight and muscle. At the end of the day, one will be the winner of the fullback spot full-time, so it will be as Griffin says - to "duke it out".

Mbye can cover the full back spot as well quite OK, like he did at the Tigers so there are other options if needed.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
Sloan played wing when the won the SGBall comp, so he's no stranger to that position. I must say from the pics of Cody, he's really muscled up, and Hook does like him as a player.
Given this, it wouldn't surprise to see:
1. Ramsey
2. Sloan
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava

As our back 5
I think you're probably right. However, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Sloan still on a development contract? Does that mean he wouldn't be able to play after a certain round (in 2021 it was round 11)

Dragon David

First Grade
Sloan played wing when the won the SGBall comp, so he's no stranger to that position. I must say from the pics of Cody, he's really muscled up, and Hook does like him as a player.
Given this, it wouldn't surprise to see:
1. Ramsey
2. Sloan
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava

As our back 5
It's worth a trial!

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors

Mbye will be either be the bench hooker or starting hooker. So that's either #14 or #9.

The battle for the #6 will come down to Jr and Bud, with probably Jr being the frontrunner.

Just on Bud. He's signed for another 4yrs. His opportunity will come soon enough and that's why he re-signed for the further 3 seasons. He's also missed a lot of football over the last 2yrs, through COVID and injury. Have patience.
Excellent post.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
I liked your post however, if Sullivan kills it in the off-season and show Griffin why it would be best for the team if the spine is:
Sloan
Amone
Sullivan
Hunt
Then I believe that will be the spine. If not, Sullivan will be in reserve grade.
Sorry mate but just because you continue to go on, and on, and on about Hunt at 9 doesn't mean it will become a reality unless Hook's hand is absolutely forced to do so. Ben Hunt will be first choice for Halfback in 2022. And personally, I have no problem with it, he had a great season in 2021 and with Amone at Five Eighth, he'll be even better. I think people have all but forgotten 2018, when we were a bit of a threat (at full strength) Hunt and Widdop were a fantastic pairing. When Hunt has a solid 6 with him on the field, he does some great stuff. Junior just needs to get more game time and build his confidence.

Illusion

Bench
I think the difference is that all the good young players are in the spine except for hooker.
Doubt many teams would run with a spine of 6, 7, and 1 that have played only about 20 games between them.
Having Hunt at 7 and McCullough/Mybe at 9 means you can try 2 rookies at 1 and 6. That will still be highly experimental.
Agree mate but they need game time and not 10 min a a game use them where they can play good minutes ..... Use them wisely, yes but use them .....

ALSGI

Bench
Good to hear from our Capitano.
Hope he has a great year.
Certainly seems confident rather than hopeful.
Talks well of the ‘big boys’ which is a great sign for our backs.

Illusion

Bench
Good to hear from our Capitano.
Hope he has a great year.
Certainly seems confident rather than hopeful.
Talks well of the ‘big boys’ which is a great sign for our backs.
Mate lets wait and see, I'm hopeful we will be more than competitive next year than the last 6 years or so..... The players coming across to us have something to prove and with the young blokes that have had a taste of it last year I think we will go ok..... If not Hook gets the hook......

Mojo

Bench
Mate lets wait and see, I'm hopeful we will be more than competitive next year than the last 6 years or so..... The players coming across to us have something to prove and with the young blokes that have had a taste of it last year I think we will go ok..... If not Hook gets the hook......
Fingers crossed still but I’m feeling good about the Dragons again for the first time in many years.

Mojo

Bench

I agree with you but forcing square pegs into round holes is fun because 1. you can use force, 2. it knocks edges off and 3. once in, they stick tight. Doing it on paper is evidence of sociopathic tendencies though.

Gareth67

First Grade
Fingers crossed still but I’m feeling good about the Dragons again for the first time in many years.
Yes mojo it is great . The passion here on the forum is almost infectious , we all have have our ‘ wish ‘ teams that will certainly need some adjustments made to them , but if the enthusiasm here is matched by all Dragon fans out there , then WIN stadium and Kogarah will both have good home crowds to support the boys in Red and White this season . 🐉

Latest posts