What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

since77

Juniors
A very lot can be and a very lot has been said about Mary's ways with his coaching methods and we certainly know his pitfalls and end result as far as his coaching career at the Dragons went.

Looking at the highlights of Jai Field in lower grades during his time at the Dragons, I thought that we had a beauty for a 5/8th to take over from Widdop, but somehow Field just did not come on and it could be said that several of the other "young guns" we had did not as well. Just goes to show that highlights in some cases do not justify signing up the youngsters. In saying this though, while these players show natural ability, they definitely needed finer tuning by an astute coaching staff which at the time we didn't have.

Hopefully the current crop of "young guns" will get this finer tuning and become champions for us.

After watching some of the highlights of Field, I looked at the highlights of Dufty. Boy, am I going to miss his attacking skills - albeit mainly at our home grounds as he wasn't much chop on other grounds.
It would certainly be interesting to go back in time and see what another coach might have done with some of those youngsters who were overlooked or poorly coached during the unforgivable McGregor debacle while Reserve grade quality players McCrone and Latimore and their ilk were picked over and over and over again. That being said this current crop of juniors coming through look to be the real deal and a significant cut above those the club ‘developed’ over the last decade.

Dragons4me

Juniors
That chip and chase. To have the balls to do that in his second first grade game says a lot.

This. They're not always going to come off but I'm looking forward to watching the three amigos (with our improved pack) at least having a go. In 2022, just need some luck with injuries, some of the 2021 no-try decisions turned into try's and I'm actually confident we'll have a good year.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
This. They're not always going to come off but I'm looking forward to watching the three amigos (with our improved pack) at least having a go. In 2022, just need some luck with injuries, some of the 2021 no-try decisions turned into try's and I'm actually confident we'll have a good year.
🤞🤞🤞

Gareth67

First Grade
Must say that I am surprised at Woody’s fitness , there no protruding gut , runs freely and appears to have plenty of oomph in his tackling .

As he has said he is there to do his best and will also pass his 15 odd seasons in the NRL on to our other players - all in all the man has a very positive attitude .

Dragon David

First Grade
Must say that I am surprised at Woody’s fitness , there no protruding gut , runs freely and appears to have plenty of oomph in his tackling .

As he has said he is there to do his best and will also pass his 15 odd seasons in the NRL on to our other players - all in all the man has a very positive attitude .
I honestly think that the new guys that we have signed up will add so much to our squad. I'm sure that they will have a very positive attitudes and give it their all. It will be the elixir we have been waiting years for and the blending of youth and experience will be a big factor in building towards a much brighter future.

Gareth67

First Grade
So do I D.D . That’s why I cannot understand the long odds that the bookies have on the Dragons - according to those witless beggars the Big Red V will finish with the wooden spoon in 2022 .

Now I know that the majority of members on the forum are clear thinking gentlemen - and ladies , we all allow some latitude when considering our chances in any game , but the bookies seem to believe that we will not be winning many at all - got me beat ? 🤔

Last edited: