What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 State of Origin - Game 1 - Wed 8 June

eels_fan

First Grade
Gallen has named his team If he was picking:

1. James Tedesco 2. Brian To'o 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Damien Cook 10. Payne Haas 11. Liam Martin 12. Angus Crichton 13. Isaah Yeo Bench: 14. Nicho Hynes 15. Junior Paulo 16. Jake Trbojevic 17. Cameron Murray.

hindy111

Post Whore
I find origin hard to get into these days. If anything I feel it ruins to many normal round. You end up with 4 rounds effected by missing players or guys trying to back up etc. Weekends with 4 games.
Yes it's a money spinner but playing a dead rubber is outdated. Imagine the NBA 7 game series doing that for pride.......

I find origin hard to get into these days. If anything I feel it ruins to many normal round. You end up with 4 rounds effected by missing players or guys trying to back up etc. Weekends with 4 games.
Yes it's a money spinner but playing a dead rubber is outdated. Imagine the NBA 7 game series doing that for pride.......
I don't like it as much as I used to but it's still good. And what annoyed me was the focus so soon into the season about who'd be playing, but that seems to be less intense of late.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I cant wait to watch the new season of The Bachelor instead..

eels_fan

First Grade
So apparently Fittler will name a squad of 22 to train with the team, and then the 4 not in the final squad will be released to play if they dont have the bye next week.

According to the article he will name backups for the spine players in case of injury due to the injuries to Turbo and Latrell that would have been able to cover multiple positions.

Apparently Gutho and Moses likely to be named, with Gutho the backup fullback, and Moses the backup half.