What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 State of Origin - Game 2 @ Perth - Sun 26 June

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Jakey must add plenty to the team behind closed doors, because while his on field performances are good, he isn’t a game changer. They were talking him up like he was MOTM.
I like his as a player, but c’mon.

I don't understand how he made the most metres of any forward last night, bar 2 runs all of his runs seemed to be 2-4m carry and then he'd be dropped on his back by a single defender.

Klein was also very worried about penalising him in the ruck, I thought a few times early on a penalty or 6 again should've been called against him.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't understand how he made the most metres of any forward last night, bar 2 runs all of his runs seemed to be 2-4m carry and then he'd be dropped on his back by a single defender.

Klein was also very worried about penalising him in the ruck, I thought a few times early on a penalty or 6 again should've been called against him.
What happened to Champion Data’s stats? Because I also don’t trust NRL stats. I barely remember him doing anything except that lifting penalty. I don’t even trust when they say he was on field for over 70 minutes. Where on the field was he?

strider

Post Whore
Jurbo was great .... not motm type great, but he did exactly what nsw needed, a tonne of dirty work in the middle. Haas is big but he doesnt bend merkins in half in defense. Paulo is a destructive runner if the opposition are not ontop and he will hammer you if you run straight at him, but again he wont go after the opposition pack.

Origin has always required these hard working middle types. He made a big difference last night.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Thought JakeT was really good, played 71min

His defence was best on park. Hit and sticks, and covers the dirty stuff in the middle
Almost 97% tackle efficieny, easily best on ground in this area

Did a lot of hard runs - 17 for 148m , 61 pcm. Hasnt done this for Manly in a good while

Havent watch any post game media or coverage, so dont know the praise he is getting, but I was happy he is back in Origin playing this way, especially defensively

strider

Post Whore
Does Tubbo? I can see he’s a good defender, especially in current climate, but I’ve never really seen him as someone who hurts with his defence.
Yeah he does. Old school hammer merkins in the guts and bend em in half. The merkins are on the lookout next time they take a run.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
One media report mentioned Ray Price and Brad Clyde in player review lol fmd.

Yeo had better output in game 1, but due to the fact we played like a busted ass that game it does not get mentioned.

The Hunchback did his job.

emjaycee

Coach
One media report mentioned Ray Price and Brad Clyde in player review lol fmd.

Yeo had better output in game 1, but due to the fact we played like a busted ass that game it does not get mentioned.

The Hunchback did his job.
He played nice.
It was a nice game.
It felt nice to win.
And it was nice for Jake to be back in the team.
He is a nice guy.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jurbo was great .... not motm type great, but he did exactly what nsw needed, a tonne of dirty work in the middle. Haas is big but he doesnt bend merkins in half in defense. Paulo is a destructive runner if the opposition are not ontop and he will hammer you if you run straight at him, but again he wont go after the opposition pack.

Origin has always required these hard working middle types. He made a big difference last night.

Should of been there game one over Sims who is passed it