What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 T20 WORLD CUP IN AUSTRALIA

edabomb

First Grade
We lost it with our conservative approach with the bat. Big case of over thinking things. T20 is a flip of the bat, you've just gotta be willing to flame out if it's not your day.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think most of us have egg on our faces about Pakistan making the final.....I know I do. Massive well done and I hope they play and beat India in the final.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Kiwis just a class player or too short which unfortunately will always be their proplem because they've got such a small player pool

edabomb

First Grade
Kiwis just a class player or too short which unfortunately will always be their proplem because they've got such a small player pool
We won the world test championship and tied the 50-over final. I don't think a lack of class players is the issue. I think tactically we blew it last night, and in the T20 final vs Oz last year when Guptill scored 28 off 35.

JJ

Immortal
We won the world test championship and tied the 50-over final. I don't think a lack of class players is the issue. I think tactically we blew it last night, and in the T20 final vs Oz last year when Guptill scored 28 off 35.
Quality fast bowling is often an issue - Guptill's innings was criminal... Conway and Williamson were too slow, but with Allen and Phillips gone quickly we needed a score - that said, Neesham needed a chance...

Hopefully Kane retires from this form tbh, I don't see him being dropped, but England's model of going hard all the way through is best - so at most you can only afford one of Conway and Williamson, and atm Williamson clearly not offering much

edabomb

First Grade
Quality fast bowling is often an issue - Guptill's innings was criminal... Conway and Williamson were too slow, but with Allen and Phillips gone quickly we needed a score - that said, Neesham needed a chance...

Hopefully Kane retires from this form tbh, I don't see him being dropped, but England's model of going hard all the way through is best - so at most you can only afford one of Conway and Williamson, and atm Williamson clearly not offering much
Yeah Conway will generally score at 120-130 which is perfect for an anchor role. Scoring at 100-105 like Williamson does is just sucking up too many deliveries.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah Conway will generally score at 120-130 which is perfect for an anchor role. Scoring at 100-105 like Williamson does is just sucking up too many deliveries.
Think the injuries have been an issue but agree, two anchors is one too many

Latest posts