What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Let’s be honest, we need to start now don’t we? Apparently we are on the look out for a game breaker fullback but who could that be? Unless you’re Tedesco, there is no need to throw silly money.

My 3 targets would be Jahrome Hughes, Nicho Hynes and Cody Ramsey.

Who’s your picks?

Let’s be honest, we need to start now don’t we? Apparently we are on the look out for a game breaker fullback but who could that be? Unless you’re Tedesco, there is no need to throw silly money.

Who’s your picks?
Well Id throw silly money at the turbochick , but I guess that's as unlikely as Tedesco. Would be sweet though . Wouldnt it be a sweet Manly squeel!!!..i mean deal!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Well Id throw silly money at the turbochick , but I guess that's as unlikely as Tedesco. Would be sweet though . Wouldnt it be a sweet Manly squeel!!!..i mean deal!

That’s the reason why I wouldn’t invest so much money into one position. You leave the team vulnerable in other positions plus you are one injury away from disaster eg Manly

webShark

Who’s your picks?
Nico Hynes or Corey Allen,

So.
Fullback we don't have. at all.
Moylan and Kennedy And Dugan none of them really cut it for various reasons.
We have centres up and coming and wingers therefore, Dugan can go.

Kennedy could come on. i don't think he has it tho. but he's cheap.
I would LOVE to have gotten Allen. i also think we would be in for Widdopp if we already didn't have 0 dollars.

Wingers we have two good wingers. Couple of guys up and coming...maybe you keep a nene or hiroti as depth

Halves wise, we have Tracey, Trindall, Chad, SJ an Moylan. SJ is a priority and Chad has player options coming out his ass and wont be going anywhere
So unless one of tricky, Tracey etc explode in this 10 week no SJ period id say they will end up elsewhere unless we can move chad on.
we also have the young QLD dude.

Moylan doesnt fit really anywhere given his health. so he can go.
Forwards wise
Andrew wont be going anywhere given the money he's on and his ability to earn it elsewehere. i also believe he's a guy we need to keep at the club past playing.

We have Pele, Uele, Talakai, Wilton, Nikora Toby, young guys coming through. all good there. some may beed big upgrades if they really kick on

Aaron Woods is awful and we should replace him with someone better. again i would try get nathan brown. he has a level of aggression i enjoy.
emre guler as well could be a good prospect.
Tolman is a professional and will tick on at 140k a year

heres something

SJ, moves to the next stage of his career. more great kicking less explosive running.
Sign Jerome Luai to partner him?

Inferno

Coach
It is worth thinking about but I think it is pointless unless we know who the coach will be for 22.

That aside I think we will need a strike centre, a fullback and a couple of middles.

ghoti

Bench
Depends on development this year...stalled by missing NSW Cup last year sadly. If Ferris develops well we may not need to go to market to replace Dugan (who I cAnt see us keeping). Chad could be wooed if a team in the bottom 8 feels they need an experienced half. I'm sure wee keep SJ and the youth if Morris is coach...if we go for a disciplinarian I reckon we'll lose some guys, players seem to dig Bomber.

I don't want us signing names next year, would be really disappointing being lumped with more Moylan experiments (though I think we'll finally extract some value from him in the first half of this season).

Chimp

Juniors
So.
Fullback we don't have. at all.
Moylan and Kennedy And Dugan none of them really cut it for various reasons.
We have centres up and coming and wingers therefore, Dugan can go.

Kennedy could come on. i don't think he has it tho. but he's cheap.
I would LOVE to have gotten Allen. i also think we would be in for Widdopp if we already didn't have 0 dollars.

Wingers we have two good wingers. Couple of guys up and coming...maybe you keep a nene or hiroti as depth

Halves wise, we have Tracey, Trindall, Chad, SJ an Moylan. SJ is a priority and Chad has player options coming out his ass and wont be going anywhere
So unless one of tricky, Tracey etc explode in this 10 week no SJ period id say they will end up elsewhere unless we can move chad on.
we also have the young QLD dude.

Moylan doesnt fit really anywhere given his health. so he can go.
Forwards wise
Andrew wont be going anywhere given the money he's on and his ability to earn it elsewehere. i also believe he's a guy we need to keep at the club past playing.

We have Pele, Uele, Talakai, Wilton, Nikora Toby, young guys coming through. all good there. some may beed big upgrades if they really kick on

Aaron Woods is awful and we should replace him with someone better. again i would try get nathan brown. he has a level of aggression i enjoy.
emre guler as well could be a good prospect.
Tolman is a professional and will tick on at 140k a year

heres something

SJ, moves to the next stage of his career. more great kicking less explosive running.
Sign Jerome Luai to partner him?
Genuinely don’t think Widdop offers anything more than Kennedy.... Widdop is soooo bland. 1 good season at Melbourne, playing 6, with Smith, Slater and Cronk running the show - his job was basically receiving the ball from Smith when there was nothing on, to either run, or shovel it on until Smith/Cronk/Slater could organise something... basically, very much like many of the Storm 2nd rowers over the years, as long as he didn’t drop the ball or miss many tackles, he was made to look much better than he actually is.

Stake Removed

First Grade
From my aspect we need to keep
Johnson, Rudolf, Talakai, Tracey, Trindall
Get rid of Dugan, Hiroti, Magoulias, Moylan, woods, Xerri
Undecided Kennedy, MacDonald, Paterson, Tolman could be cheap backup options.

We are missing that backrower who can play in backs Capewell I think we try to bring back home, or even Tyrone Peachey
Scott Drinkwater for fullback or even in halves
This player not most popular but Paul Vaughan I think adds much more then Woods.
Jazz Tevaga would be handy option in the pack
There are options but don't want to spend money over the top.

lolesi

First Grade
id like to go after Dale Finucane for a few years also, off contract I think in 2022.

only 29, quality forward in a position we haven’t replaced since Gal left. quality work ethic and from the outside seems to be a decent human.

help the development of Wilton etc (both from bega)

Stake Removed

First Grade
id like to go after Dale Finucane for a few years also, off contract I think in 2022.

only 29, quality forward in a position we haven’t replaced since Gal left. quality work ethic and from the outside seems to be a decent human.

Nathan Brown to replace Gall, I think that would be an interesting signing

Quigs

Immortal

Wilton is a Narooma lad Lolesi. Bega are the arch enemy of the Narooma Devils.