What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 TEST - Sat - NZ 26-6 Tonga @ Mt Smart

Representative Round: NZ v Tonga

• New Zealand

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Tonga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's been the case for awhile. That's why a bit more investment in places like Tonga, Samoa, Fiji would be so beneficial because you'd be getting raw talent who are already ineligible for Origin.
Where would that investment come from? Given the amount of Pacific Islanders in the NRL, it would be worth their while to put some money in. Internationals is something the AFL don’t and can’t have and we should be going hard on it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Manu was immense, not sure why they need a better fullback
Manu did a Paul Gallen shift at fullback.

His stats look fantastic. But he killed so many opportunities by refusing to pass and kicking for himself etc. New Zealand had many more points in them IMO.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Where would that investment come from? Given the amount of Pacific Islanders in the NRL, it would be worth their while to put some money in. Internationals is something the AFL don’t and can’t have and we should be going hard on it.

Would like to see the NRL come on board, look at it as an investment in the comps future if they want a player pool large enough to expand in future.

Say 250k per club available (so 4.25mil per year) for 3-5 players to be brought over for a year long traineeship. They can play anything under first grade, get the benefits of training and learning in a professional environment.

That's potentially 50+ players a year from the islands getting trained and developed.

Would it work? No idea. Don't even know if the NRL could/would be willing to invest in that sort of scheme. Although they did try the "get a union convert for free scheme" so why not something like this?

Just spitballing but I'm all for anything that helps INT RL grow.

The game went exactly as I expected.

I've always called Tonga the NZ B side. My only question is, are they still that or are they now NZ C with QueeNZland as NZ B?

Samoa and Cook Islands are NZ D & E respectively.