What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 W1 EF Sat - Melbourne 20-28 Canberra @ AAMI

Finals Week 1: Melbourne v Canberra

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Finals Week 1
Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders
AAMI Park, Melbourne, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Saturday 10 September 2022

NRL kickoff 5:40pm

MEL2022TEAM.png

1. Nick Meaney 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Xavier Coates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Harry Grant 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Josh King
Interchange: 14. Brandon Smith 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Trent Loiero 17. Chris Lewis
Reserves: 18. Young Tonumaipea 19. Jordan Grant 20. Tepai Moeroa 21. Cooper Johns 22. Grant Anderson

CAN2022TEAM.png

1. Xavier Savage 2. Nick Cotric 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Sebastian Kris 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Zac Woolford 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Adam Elliott
Interchange: 14. Tom Starling 15. Emre Guler 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Corey Harawira-Naera
Reserves: 18. Albert Hopoate 19. Ata Mariota 20. Matt Frawley 21. Peter Hola 22. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Liam Kennedy
Video Referee: Ashley Klein​

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Tough to call. Either a narrow win to us or a big win to the Storm I think.
This is how I feel. If the storm get away early I think it could blow out a little. If the raiders keep it close and make it contest they’ve shown they can make the storm struggle.

Valheru

Coach
The narrative all week will be how the raiders have won their last 4 in Melbourne. That is totally irrelevant for this game though. Storm still have a lot to offer in this competition IMO and will win comfortably setting up a mouth watering clash the following week against penrith/parra

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Not that the Raiders don't deserve 8th place, with the Broncos having reverted to full 2020 mode, but they've won 4 in a row against bum teams, two of them by the skin of their teeth. Storm won't be in the mood for Bali just yet I don't think. Could get ugly.

SDM

First Grade
Storm have some over the hill forwards, and many injuries. This will be decided by how long the ref lets them lie around the ruck, and whether Canberra can overcome the inevitable grubbiness.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Got my tickets to this one. Looking forward to annoying the shit out of both sets of supporters in my vicinity.

A Hughes in makes a big difference here, but I think Raiders will get the win.... and when that looks likely Munster will change into Cunster.

GongPanther

Referee
Thinking either Storm by 30, or Raiders by the toss of the coin (extra time FG). Raiders will give it to them for the first hour, but holding out some of those forwards for the full 80 mins might be a tad too much to ask for.

Even if Canberra do lose, the Raiders can still be proud and lay claim that they played finals football when all seemed doomed to miss out.

After all intents and purposes, a successful season for the Raiders to build on for next year.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
8 v 5 is a side that has just scraped into the finals against a team that has just missed out on the top 4.

Storm have got a bit too much brain power for us unfortunately.