What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Week 1 Finals Games (Non Parra)

TheParraboy

Staff member
How do we want week 1 to pan out ?

I think all home teams get the win (other than our match). Though would love Raiders to piss of the Storm
Cant see Souths winning, even with Manu out
Sharks v Cowboys will be close

Sat 540pm First Elimination Final
Storm v Raiders - AAMI PARK

Sat 750pm Second Qualifying Final
Sharks v Cowboys - PointsBet Stadium

Sun 405pm Second Elimination Final
Roosters v Rabbits - Allianz Stadium

Gronk

Staff member
The Cows have hardly travelled to Sydney this year. Four games all year. Their only two wins against top teams were vs Eels and Storm. They have not beaten anyone decent since May.

Look at who the Sharks have played in their run to the finals. Dragons, Tigers, Manly, Dogs, Knights.

Good on both of them for winning the games they were supposed to win, but they are hardly world beaters.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I dunno about Souths tbh. We had them by the balls in the 2020 finals game with a decimated backline, only error riddled second half handed them the win

Prefer them than the Chooks tbh. Chooks could go on a deep run

Gronk

Staff member
Want Roosters to eliminate the Rabbits for us.
Wacky Raiders to wack Melbourne
Sharks over Cowboys.
Nice.

Since their Bye in Rnd 17 they are unbeaten after wins against Dragons, Knights, Manly, Broncos, Cows (last game at SGC), Tigers, Storm and Bunnies.

So they are 8 in a row. If they beat Souths then they will need to win 11 in a row to beat us in the GF qualifier..

Chipmunk

Coach
The Cows have hardly travelled to Sydney this year. Four games all year. Their only two wins against top teams were vs Eels and Storm. They have not beaten anyone decent since May.

Look at who the Sharks have played in their run to the finals. Dragons, Tigers, Manly, Dogs, Knights.

Good on both of them for winning the games they were supposed to win, but they are hardly world beaters.
You only have to beat what is in front of you.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I would back us in a prelim against either of them.

Though would prefer Cronulla winning this week as it means no trip to townsville for us if we lose and being based in Sydney all finals series.

And also means Souths or Roosters would be the ones to make the tough trip to Townsville instead.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I dunno about Souths tbh. We had them by the balls in the 2020 finals game with a decimated backline, only error riddled second half handed them the win

I am not sure.

I just think we are mentally shot against them and before the game on Thursday speaking to a few people at the game in and around inner sanctum were already mentioning our poor record against souths and how we just had to win on Thursday Night to avoid them.

If they are thinking that and they are closer to the staff and players then us fans i am just little concerned.

As professional sport is as much mental as it physical.

Even if we are due for a win against them.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Roosters have to start copping some attrition with that streak. Already getting banged up losing Manu
12 in a row would be too hard i reckon.

They have had 2 physical games and now face Souths again which will be another bash a thon. Then possibly a trip to townsville if they progess.

I think Penrith or Parra beat them in the prelim whoever faces them on that side of the draw.

hindy111

Post Whore

They have both had soft draws but have won in style. Thrashed sides really.
We don't know how good they'll be against the top sides. I agree Storm,Souths,Roosters are better sides. But finals will sort them out if true.

hindy111

Post Whore

You know where we lost the game. In first half. We had a chance to score again about 5 before halftime. Unsure if it was Matterson who f**ked it. Someone did and it was a butchered try. Being up by a decent margin it went Unnoticed. I think it would of made it 22-4

Latest posts