What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Willy2452

Juniors
I got PAX 12311 & 12312 last night for my tickets to the Melbourne test next weekend.

I predict a crowd of 18000, the last two times ive bought tickets to Ammi Park a week out had pax around 12/13k. That’s probably the regular rugby league fans buying early and with 5k of general melbourne sport fans buying late/walkup.

yakstorm

First Grade
Western Upper has gone on sale at Eden Park, with most of the Bronze tickets on the eastern side sold (with exception to the restricted view and for whatever reason, Bay 306).

Platinum on the South side (with exception of the restricted view) surprisingly moved quickly with not a lot of tickets left, Bays 405 - 410 on the Northern still have a significant amount left which was previously held back. Feeling more confident of a 20K+ crowd based upon sales and more recent releases.

This is what NFS is looking like for the Grandstand on Sunday. Grey is allocated, orange is available, so still plenty of tickets left.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 2.31.48 pm.png

Wb1234

Referee
Western Upper has gone on sale at Eden Park, with most of the Bronze tickets on the eastern side sold (with exception to the restricted view and for whatever reason, Bay 306).

Platinum on the South side (with exception of the restricted view) surprisingly moved quickly with not a lot of tickets left, Bays 405 - 410 on the Northern still have a significant amount left which was previously held back. Feeling more confident of a 20K+ crowd based upon sales and more recent releases.

This is what NFS is looking like for the Grandstand on Sunday. Grey is allocated, orange is available, so still plenty of tickets left.

View attachment 80906
25k possible ?

Willy2452

Juniors
AAMI park must not be selling well. I got 4 free tickets today from the NRL to the game. The Free tickets pax 13134...

Wb1234

Referee
Definitely possible... there are more than 30,000 seats on sale / have been on sale, and there are quite a number of Eden Park members who are eligible to attend this game.
If it was Tonga it might go as high as 40k

Real shame we were robbed off samoa vs tonga and tonga vs nz to satisfy a failing super league

yakstorm

First Grade
If it was Tonga it might go as high as 40k

Real shame we were robbed off samoa vs tonga and tonga vs nz to satisfy a failing super league
Maybe. There are significantly more people with Samoan heritage in NZ (more than double) than Tongan, especially around Auckland, and people of Samoan heritage are one of the biggest demographics when it comes to things like participation and crowds to NZ NRL matches, so I don't feel there are any issues with the audience size this match is promoting to.

I feel the issues more relate to things like pricing (ticketing starts at NZD53 per adult, which is more than double what 2019 pricing was), player availability (this isn't the same Samoan side who go to the RLWC final) and lack of build up (Samoa have played a game, but NZ hasn't)

Wb1234

Referee
Maybe. There are significantly more people with Samoan heritage in NZ (more than double) than Tongan, especially around Auckland, and people of Samoan heritage are one of the biggest demographics when it comes to things like participation and crowds to NZ NRL matches, so I don't feel there are any issues with the audience size this match is promoting to.

I feel the issues more relate to things like pricing (ticketing starts at NZD53 per adult, which is more than double what 2019 pricing was), player availability (this isn't the same Samoan side who go to the RLWC final) and lack of build up (Samoa have played a game, but NZ hasn't)
Tonga got way better crowds in nz than samoa

even their king showed up

meanwhile ticket sales for tonga vs England at st Helen’s are average and they didn’t give London a test match

the whole point of the pacific cup is rivalries like samoa vs tonga

let cook islands lebanon or png tour England

englands need for nrl based teams to tour is lessening the pacific cup

yakstorm

First Grade
Big push on Insta today from all the Samoa and Kiwi accounts offering a 20% discount on tickets for Eden Park.
Explains why there has been a fair bit of movement in the cheap seats. How the venue is looking currently (Black being 95% or more allocated). Hoping there are no more surprises like 405 and 410 where a number of seats were released late, has been a fair bit of movement in the past 48 hours, hopefully it continues up until kick off.

EdenPark_Latest.png

Latest posts