What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Depth Chart

Ozzi_78

First Grade
To use a term from most American sports I thought it would be interesting to see what our squad depth for 2023 looks like.

I think I list 32 players, Finau is on a Dev contract and some others im not sure of, correct me and i will fix it.

In order of depth based on where they have played (IMO) - yes plenty interchangeable (Talakai, Conner etc)

Yellow Off Contract at end of '23 (14 players, backs dominate)

FULLBACK
Kennedy
Miller
(or not)
Dykes
Taukamo

WING
Ronaldo
Kotoa
Ikuvalu
Stonestreet

CENTRE
Ramien
Talakai

Iro
Tracey
Taumoepeau
Hiroti

HALF
Hynes
Moylan
Trindall

2ND ROW /LOCK
Finucane
Nikora
Williams
Wilton
Graham

FRONT ROW
Rudolph
BHU
Hunt
Kaufusi
Colquhoun
Hazleton
Finau

HOOKER
Brailey
McInnes
Berrell

Would love to hear what you guys think and how this should form our 2024 recruits.

Black Panther

Juniors
Without a genuine source, I have heard that Cronulla has signed Panthers player Niwhai Puru. Great talent in the halves, not sure why they let him go. Maybe sees an easier path to First Grade..

roboshark

Coach
To use a term from most American sports I thought it would be interesting to see what our squad depth for 2023 looks like.

I think I list 32 players, Finau is on a Dev contract and some others im not sure of, correct me and i will fix it.

In order of depth based on where they have played (IMO) - yes plenty interchangeable (Talakai, Conner etc)

Yellow Off Contract at end of '23 (14 players, backs dominate)

FULLBACK
Kennedy
Miller
(or not)
Dykes
Taukamo

WING
Ronaldo
Kotoa
Ikuvalu
Stonestreet

CENTRE
Ramien
Talakai

Iro
Tracey
Taumoepeau
Hiroti

HALF
Hynes
Moylan
Trindall

2ND ROW /LOCK
Finucane
Nikora
Williams
Wilton
Graham

FRONT ROW
Rudolph
BHU
Hunt
Kaufusi
Colquhoun
Hazleton
Finau

HOOKER
Brailey
McInnes
Berrell

Would love to hear what you guys think and how this should form our 2024 recruits.
Hmmm doesn't blow me away that's for sure

Frenzy.

Immortal
Depends on who signs elsewhere when the cap increase is announced. If it ever is.

BTW. That yellow text sucks!

crazy pineapple

Juniors
"Without a genuine source, I have heard that Cronulla has signed Panthers player Niwhai Puru. Great talent in the halves, not sure why they let him go. Maybe sees an easier path to First Grade.."

i thought he had a development contract with penny for '23?

massive gain if so

Frenzy.

Immortal
"Without a genuine source, I have heard that Cronulla has signed Panthers player Niwhai Puru. Great talent in the halves, not sure why they let him go. Maybe sees an easier path to First Grade.."

i thought he had a development contract with penny for '23?

massive gain if so

They'll be up for a squillion in upgrades after the representation at the world cup. They gotta shed some of their kids.

Can you be in the top 30 and be in a development contract?
I'm not sure but I don't think so.
Stonestreet is our other development player.
This was put up this afternoon, a list of all the clubs development players

SHARKS

2023 squad
: Jayden Berrell (2023), Blayke Brailey (2026), Jesse Colquhoun (2024), Kade Dykes (2024), Dale Finucane (2025), Wade Graham (2023), Braden Hamlin-Uele (2024), Tom Hazelton (2024 PO 2025), Royce Hunt (2023), Nicho Hynes (2024), Matt Ikuvalu (2023), Sione Katoa (2023), Oregon Kaufusi (2024 MO 2025) William Kennedy (2023), Cameron McInnes (2025), Lachlan Miller (2023), Matt Moylan (2024), Ronaldo Mulitalo (2025), Briton Nikora (2025), Jesse Ramien (2023), Toby Rudolf (2024), Siosifa Talakai (2023), Siteni Taukamo (2024), Jensen Taumoepeau (CO 2023), Connor Tracey (2024), Braydon Trindall (2023), Jack Williams (2024), Teig Wilton (2023)

Development players:Josh Finau (2023),Kayal Iro (2024), Sam Stonestreet (2023)

2023 gains:Oregon Kaufusi (Eels)

2023 losses: Luke Metcalf (Warriors), Andrew Fifita (retired), Aiden Tolman (retired)

Coach:Craig Fitzgibbon (2024)

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I'm not sure but I don't think so.
Stonestreet is our other development player.
This was put up this afternoon, a list of all the clubs development players

Yeah I’m not sure it’s correct. From the July re signing article….

Iro, who played for the Cook Islands against Samoa in the recent Pacific Test match, has been promoted into the Sharks top 30 for the remainder of the 2022 season and then becomes a member of the full-time NRL squad for the two years to follow.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Metcalf was, but I think he got upgraded before last season started

That article says "every NRL club confirmed their development players for 2023."
Yeah that’s why I’m confused. Trust the club signing announcement or the fox writer?

Might check with the Phillipines connection guy.

Yeah that’s why I’m confused. Trust the club signing announcement or the fox writer?

Might check with the Phillipines connection guy.
What I think is, with Iro being on a development contract it means we have two spots spare in the 30 roster.
If we don't fill one of the spots maybe he will get upgraded into the 30?

Tiger Shark

Bench
Without a genuine source, I have heard that Cronulla has signed Panthers player Niwhai Puru. Great talent in the halves, not sure why they let him go. Maybe sees an easier path to First Grade..
He’s got a brother doesn’t he? He any good and might come aswell?

scratch that - he’s on a trial deal with the Raiders

Last edited:

DJDL

Bench
Surprised Siteni Taukamo is part of the top 30 and Kayal Iro is only on a dev contract.
Obviously that can change, but it seems to suggest Taukamo has the inside running for a start next year.

Special K

Coach
I'd put money on Iro being top 30 given the announcement. You don't re-sign dev players and announce it during the season like we did.

Also keen to see Josh Finau next year. He and Stonestreet were our best 20's players when I watched them play at home. Stonestreet would probably be closer to getting a run given the positions they play but Finau was a beast.

shaggs

Coach
This post from IG yesterday puts him panthers top 30
280FBBB4-0BB4-4F5E-95CA-1AED07129AAA.jpeg

shaggs

Coach
Surprised Siteni Taukamo is part of the top 30 and Kayal Iro is only on a dev contract.
Obviously that can change, but it seems to suggest Taukamo has the inside running for a start next year.
I doubt that. Taukamo stinks

Latest posts