What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Injury and Suspension Updates

Quigs

Immortal
Us old farts remember the Big Cliffy Watson resting up against the goal post just prior to the 73 grand final. All the others were running around like startled rabbits, warming up and all. Cliff looked like he was waiting for a bus.

Cliff went on to play a blinder but if my memory serves me correctly it came out later that he had taken a rib cartilage injury into the big game.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Was it his knee, thought it was a lower leg injury- ankle, foot or something? Granted I didn’t pay much attention. Too busy looking at the scoreboard.

Us old farts remember the Big Cliffy Watson resting up against the goal post just prior to the 73 grand final. All the others were running around like startled rabbits, warming up and all. Cliff looked like he was waiting for a bus.

Cliff went on to play a blinder but if my memory serves me correctly it came out later that he had taken a rib cartilage injury into the big game.
Shot of Morphine would have solved that problem ... no more said , in them days. Few yrs later ,Dumb arse stain fullback just didnt realise you cant do same thing to your leg , dont matter what colour your boots are . All speculation , of course .

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Shot of Morphine would have solved that problem ... no more said , in them days. Few yrs later ,Dumb arse stain fullback just didnt realise you cant do same thing to your leg , dont matter what colour your boots are . All speculation , of course .

More like dumb doctor injected in the wrong place.

2023 the year of no excuses through injury
Well thats pretty rough. Only leaves excuses due to suspension, biased cheatering referees, biased cheatering clubs, biased cheaterng NRL , Sexual prejudices , religious intolerance, Political interference, calf blood injections,, Nepotism, Global warming Conspiracies , Covid, and Bad luck .