What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL and Telstra celebrate new partnership​

NRL Media Release
Mon 5 Sep 2022, 11:49 AM

The longest naming rights partnerships in Australian sport will progress into a new era after the National Rugby League and Telstra committed to a new five-year agreement.

Telstra will continue to be the NRL’s naming rights sponsor for both the NRL and NRLW Premierships until 2027 – taking the partnership to 26 years.

The announcement was made today at the launch of the NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series, at Telstra’s George Street Headquarters in Sydney.

ARLC Chairman Peter V’landys AM said Telstra and the NRL have shared a 21 year partnership, one of the longest-running in Australian sport, and now the largest sponsorship in the game’s history.

“Telstra has made a tremendous contribution to rugby league, from the grassroots to the elite, for both men and women, and we are very excited about the next phase of our partnership,” Mr V’landys said.

“Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and technology company and we share a passion for connecting communities across Australia and the Pacific.

"With this being the largest sport sponsorship in our history, we will work together to help create the most connected sporting community in Australia."

NRL Chief Executive Andrew Abdo said: “Together with Telstra, we will continue to grow the men’s and women’s Telstra Premierships, ensure more people are connected to rugby league and continue to improve the overall experience for fans, participants and volunteers.

“We are particularly excited about our new agreement including a dedicated innovation fund for Telstra and the NRL to collaborate on technology to transform fan experiences.

"We look forward to applying the country’s best and brightest minds to finding new ways to bring fans closer to the action.”

Michael Ackland, Chief Financial Officer and Group Executive, Strategy & Finance, Telstra, added: "The new deal takes our long and successful partnership with the NRL past a quarter of a century, a milestone of which we are extremely proud.

“We know our customers love the NRL so we are excited to play our part in helping to grow both the men’s and women’s games for the next five years.

“Together with the NRL, we will use technology to enhance fans digital connection through the NRL app with great content, full match replays, live scores, stats, highlights and more.

“The new deal also includes an innovation fund, giving the NRL access to new and emerging technology services to create new avenues to grow the sport from grassroots to the elite level.

“We are excited for the growth of the women’s game, continued success and expansion of the men’s game, and the innovation we are anticipating over the next 5 years.”

It's Been Done

Juniors
Hoping Parra steer away from macron, the ISC jersey from 2020 fits me like a glove, I gave my macron 2022 jersey to my daughter, the fit is terrible, that X stitching around the abdomen/back make the fit like a wetsuit, and I even went a size or 2 up to combat it.
Macron should have a new template for next 2 seasons from next year which hopefully should be an improvement for Parra, the Classic teams and the Broncos (Asics) should also get new or revised jersey template too

kdalymc

Bench
If Newcastle were going to do an anniversary logo, keeping with their previous occasions, they would have done it this year.
1997 (10yrs), 2002 (15yrs), 2007, 2012, 2017, ect. 2022 would have been it. Perhaps the crystal ball was used and they didn't feel like 2022 would be much of a celebration..!
Thats what i said, they usually do seasons not years

nöyd

Staff member
Macron should have a new template for next 2 seasons from next year which hopefully should be an improvement for Parra, the Classic teams and the Broncos (Asics) should also get new or revised jersey template too
hoping you're right bud, they won't get a dollar out of me if it is in any way similar to the last couple of years

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
I reckon the Tigers are due for a kit refresh next year. New coach(es), new look. Be great to see them return to something like the 2010 era style
NRL+Rd+3+Wests+Tigers+v+Eels+Z1icHogBxBQx.jpg

JB04

Juniors
I reckon the Tigers are due for a kit refresh next year. New coach(es), new look. Be great to see them return to something like the 2010 era style
Best jersey's we've ever had. How we continually f**k our jersey's year after year with the colour scheme we have is beyond me.

Also was a very big fan of this jersey too. Simplicity is key, would you believe

tigers14heritagefront.jpeg

It's Been Done

Juniors
They are due per the two year cycle for new jerseys, that above should be the home along with a mostly Orange Away/Balmain Jersey and a white Alternate for use against the Broncos in away games as well as alternating between Balmain and Western Suburbs Heritage jerseys every year

Craegus

Juniors
They are due per the two year cycle for new jerseys, that above should be the home along with a mostly Orange Away/Balmain Jersey and a white Alternate for use against the Broncos in away games as well as alternating between Balmain and Western Suburbs Heritage jerseys every year

From what I have heard, and it is by no way locked in, but the current design is basically going to remain in some form from now on with just minor changes as the club wants to have a design that creates a brand identity like St. George, Souths, and the Roosters. So don't expect anything too drastic should there be a new jersey.

macavity

Referee
From what I have heard, and it is by no way locked in, but the current design is basically going to remain in some form from now on with just minor changes as the club wants to have a design that creates a brand identity like St. George, Souths, and the Roosters. So don't expect anything too drastic should there be a new jersey.

so they choose the second worst jersey they have had (after their first). Very tigers.

kdalymc

Bench
the club wants to have a design that creates a brand identity like St. George, Souths, and the Roosters.
Lolol this was their exact statement a few years ago (4 different jerseys designs ago) when they went to the simple Vee design. Nek Minit that design is out the window, whilst also rocking a half grey away strip. Ha

wazdog

Juniors
Menulog have extended their sponsorship with the bunnies for another 3 years (upper back of jersey)

It wasn’t specified how long the deal with Worif was for the sternum spot so that’s the only sponsorship which could change on run on kit in 2023.

Last edited:

Dawesy76

Juniors
How the hell did we get onto the mighty ducks and coke? I just wanna know if the broncos are going to have a wallabies style mostly maroon jersey next season? ( I don’t want said jersey but it would be interesting to see)

hellteam

First Grade
How the hell did we get onto the mighty ducks and coke? I just wanna know if the broncos are going to have a wallabies style mostly maroon jersey next season? ( I don’t want said jersey but it would be interesting to see)
Out of several ASICS versions of collars, the Broncos this year have the only decent collar template.... I am not hopeful we will be that lucky next year. I expect to see something chunky like the previous Wallabies collar, or the horizontal line like the current Wallabies one.