What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Reflector

Juniors
Thing is, I predict their heritage jersey will become their main jersey and (like the Raiders) they will have 'modern' jerseys alongside it for seasons to come. Technically, their heritage jersey was also their debut jersey released for the NRL.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
Thing is, I predict their heritage jersey will become their main jersey and (like the Raiders) they will have 'modern' jerseys alongside it for seasons to come. Technically, their heritage jersey was also their debut jersey released for the NRL.
They've got it back to front. If anything, the "heritage" is iconic and classical, has meaning. Also, uses gold as a trim as it should've been. And the "home" is actually more akin to a gimmicky over-colorful "alternate" jersey.

Hopefully, Dolphins Corporate hear the people and make the change before the season begins.

No doubt imo the heritage will outsell the vanilla coke.

The club won't please everyone I guess.

I am biased, but I love it. Coke jokes aside from the peanut gallery (lol), the strip is good on the eye. The red and gold is a nice contrast (some similarities to the infamous American 49ers NFL team). We will have multiple variations in '23, and I am assuming at least three to four including the Women in League, and ANZAC Day rounds.

Looks nothing like the 49ers jersey -

1664943811485.png

The 49ers keep the gold for the trousers -

1664943939042.png

oh, and the helmet.

MugaB

Coach
The model is posing like a kindergartener on his first day of big school.
Got himself some camel toe too...

Been a while gazf.. any new designs on expansion teams or rejuvinations in club kits in general?

MugaB

Coach
Starting with a blank piece of paper they did have the opportunity to avoid the Titans mistakes and actually come up with a design that would be iconic and instantly say Dolphins. Instead they have come up with a local club design that will no doubt change significantly every year. Colours are nice done correctly but would have been nice if they had made the effort to come up with a design that would set them up for the next 20 years.
Ok your obviously trolling now... you just litterally replied to you on the dolphins thread, and you talked about how shit the colors were, golden sand aka baby poo,
so which is it?? Again trolling whingers

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok your obviously trolling now... you just litterally replied to you on the dolphins thread, and you talked about how shit the colors were, golden sand aka baby poo,
so which is it?? Again trolling whingers
red, white and gold works well if gold is used sparingly and in the right shade. Neither of which they've done in this. Theres too much and it looks, at least in photos so far, a horrible shade of gold. Might be better in the flesh but its not great right now lol.
Design is poor and doesn't scream this our brand for years to come does it?
Considering 95% of comments I've read so far dont like it I think I'm in a majority on this one lol

MugaB

Coach
red, white and gold works well if gold is used sparingly and in the right shade. Neither of which they've done in this. Theres too much and it looks, at least in photos so far, a horrible shade of gold. Might be better in the flesh but its not great right now lol.
Design is poor and doesn't scream this our brand for years to come does it?
Considering 95% of comments I've read so far dont like it I think I'm in a majority on this one lol
So are the colors nice, or are you just pissed coz they used thr proposed pirates colors... seriously your so fkn transparent

Perth Red

Post Whore
So are the colors nice, or are you just pissed coz they used thr proposed pirates colors... seriously your so fkn transparent
mate not everything's about the pirates, give it a rest, you seem obsessed lol.
Those wont be our colours so not sure what you are going off half cocked at? We wil have black inthere as a key colour you would think.

The colour combination is good, works well together.
The execution of those colours in this instance looks sht what I've seen so far, imo and the majority of others opinions it would seem.

Are there any photos from the actual stage launch at GF so we can get a better idea of what it looks like in the flesh to speak?

MugaB

Coach
mate not everything's about the pirates, give it a rest, you seem obsessed lol.
Those wont be our colours so not sure what you are going off half cocked at? We wil have black inthere as a key colour you would think.

The colour combination is good, works well together.
The execution of those colours in this instance looks sht what I've seen so far, imo and the majority of others opinions it would seem.

Are there any photos from the actual stage launch at GF so we can get a better idea of what it looks like in the flesh to speak?
I was at the GF, it was pretty good, had a cheer squad, mascot introduction (phinny) and Screenshot_20221005-194906_Gallery.jpgmassive flag of the jersey, took up about a 1/8th of the field... it was a pretty impressive roll out

kdalymc

Bench
I believe we have done a good job with the nod to our proud history (established in 1947) with the new jersey. The new jersey, with the red, white and gold, has been eloquently explained by the club on their website. I love the jersey. I love the vision.

If not pleasing the other 16 teams' fan bases isn't going to be achieved. So be it.
thats not the issue. to be fair yes, the bar isnt that high. and there is some shockers going around. but its a brand new team, with a chance to come out with a bang. theyve f**ked up nearly everything here, and to top off the shit jersey, you can guarantee they will do a titans/tigers and change design/colours/shades within 2 years....

Nuke

Staff member
I’ll add that my team (Raiders) have got that stupid blue jersey - seriously we are called the Green Machine for a reason so stick with it. The Knights will probably have that eyesore NIB logo. So don’t worry mate, it’s not just your club
'Eyesore' NIB logo will be less of an eyesore in 2023. Thank whatever-deity-you-choose-to-believe-in.