What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Santino Patane

Juniors
Did you watch Rounds 1 or 2? They wore orange both weeks.
Sure- and I honestly have no skin in this argument as I’m not a supporter, I’m just interested if their fans are okay/happy with the direction they seem to be going (ie segregating the two camps rather than a blend of the two). I might have sounded more offended by the jersey than I actually am in re reading my post…

Victoire

Juniors
the orange and white outfits looked shit. The black kit yesterday was so much better.

Black shorts with the orange jerseys would improve it big time, for example:

c52620ce686ceb7c271a0c978a44ed1563e47d69

Last edited:

KingTigerman

Juniors
Fair point- oversight on my behalf. As a Tigers fan, are you happy with your jerseys? Despite my criticism I must admit your home jersey this year looks better put together and would be spot on for a Magpies jersey in 2023.
I liked the jersey we had a few years back with the orange v
As an away strip id have the white heritage jersey we wore in 2014 with the stripes

flippikat

Bench
the orange and white outfits looked shit. The black kit yesterday was so much better.

Black shorts with the orange jerseys would improve it big time, for example:

c52620ce686ceb7c271a0c978a44ed1563e47d69
This should be the colour combo of the Tigers primary strip.

Mostly orange jersey, with black trim & SOME white (not too much white), and black shorts.

Doesn't matter if the black & white elements are side panels or a V or whatever - the majority of the main jersey needs to be orange.

The alternate jersey should be white (or even light grey/silver.. that'd be quite unique!) with some black & orange trim.

Keep black jersey designs for special occasion/one-off/heritage uses only.

Play to the things that are DISTINCTIVE to the club.

steeden.

Juniors

beave

Coach

wazdog

Juniors
Absolutely. The alternate should be the minties-wrapper, but predominately white with green bands and red piping.
Basically our 2020 alternate strip.

8F08C4D9-B4D6-4131-8BF0-F8492F8EFD43.jpeg

I’d actually invert the red and green from the above. Have a white MG logo on a red background which is full sponsor integration and the Crown logo would be more visible with a red background on the sleeves.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
Interesting that clubs can get a full brand new kit designed, approved, made, and delivered in a matter of days when absolutely needed.

Yet when a sponsor is added it is heatpressed on for a few weeks. Or, even moreso in my eyes, Grand Final teams can't get a special GF badge for the occasion, and only get crappy non-special embroidery ... which looks like every other 'milestone' embroidery jersey.

flippikat

Bench
Basically our 2020 alternate strip.

View attachment 71568

I’d actually invert the red and green from the above. Have a white MG logo on a red background which is full sponsor integration and the Crown logo would be more visible with a red background on the sleeves.
Either way, if it can be done in a way that integrates the sponsor it provides a TRUE alternate/away & removes that horrible black trim/white trim rort they've had for far too long.

I thought the reason for the black trim/white trim was to appease different home & away major sponsors who wanted to be on the red & green stripes?

Surely that's not so much an issue now MG is major (front of jersey) sponsor for both?

GAZF

First Grade
Interesting that clubs can get a full brand new kit designed, approved, made, and delivered in a matter of days when absolutely needed.

Yet when a sponsor is added it is heatpressed on for a few weeks. Or, even moreso in my eyes, Grand Final teams can't get a special GF badge for the occasion, and only get crappy non-special embroidery ... which looks like every other 'milestone' embroidery jersey.
I haven't followed the story closely, but is it possible that the club was aware in advance that Satts was on his last legs?

flippikat

Bench
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they've had that jersey designed and ready to go for a while now.
It makes sense for a club to have contingency plans to honor an ailing legend - and it's nice to see Souths being able to do that promptly and respectfully.

From this Kiwi fan's perspective it strikes me as something Australian teams do remarkably well.

The Great Dane

First Grade
It makes sense for a club to have contingency plans to honor an ailing legend - and it's nice to see Souths being able to do that promptly and respectfully.

From this Kiwi fan's perspective it strikes me as something Australian teams do remarkably well.
I mean it's what I would have done, but I assure you that not all clubs are as well run as Souths.

yakstorm

First Grade
Jerseys can be turned around quickly, especially if the company has local production, like Classic still does. The biggest issue is they cost a lot more to produce.

Latest posts