What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hasn't Westpac invested 5m in NRL this year.. ? Don't they own stgeorge bank ?
I don't understand your point.

Westpac aligning themselves with the NRL has what to do with one of their subsidiaries pulling out of a club sponsorship?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I don't understand your point.

Westpac aligning themselves with the NRL has what to do with one of their subsidiaries pulling out of a club sponsorship?

The whole Westpac group might have a $25m sponsorship budget

And it's been spent .. that's my point

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sounds like pure speculation on your part tbh.

The article is fairly clear about whatever the reasons are, no idea what your speculation achieves

yakstorm

First Grade
Sounds like pure speculation on your part tbh.

The article is fairly clear about whatever the reasons are, no idea what your speculation achieves
I would argue that there is supporting evidence out there for what @Cumberland Throw is saying based upon what Westpac has been publicly saying and doing over the past 24 months.

Westpac has stated their plans to eliminate 100 co-location branches, merging their BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and St George Bank branches into existing Westpac branches over the next 24 months and has taken over a number of sponsorships previously held by their subsidiaries as they focus on strengthening their 'primary brand'.

Queensland Reds in Super Rugby is possibly the largest sponsorship they took over, with Westpac now on the Reds jersey versus St George Bank, but they have also taken over the St George Open Air cinema in Sydney and BankSA's sponsorship of the SANTOS Down Under.

BankSA also ended their sponsorship of Port Adelaide citing that they will now be focusing more on 'grassroots sponsorship activities' moving forward at the direction of their parent company.

MugaB

Coach
I would argue that there is supporting evidence out there for what @Cumberland Throw is saying based upon what Westpac has been publicly saying and doing over the past 24 months.

Westpac has stated their plans to eliminate 100 co-location branches, merging their BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and St George Bank branches into existing Westpac branches over the next 24 months and has taken over a number of sponsorships previously held by their subsidiaries as they focus on strengthening their 'primary brand'.

Queensland Reds in Super Rugby is possibly the largest sponsorship they took over, with Westpac now on the Reds jersey versus St George Bank, but they have also taken over the St George Open Air cinema in Sydney and BankSA's sponsorship of the SANTOS Down Under.

BankSA also ended their sponsorship of Port Adelaide citing that they will now be focusing more on 'grassroots sponsorship activities' moving forward at the direction of their parent company.
Commbank did something similar with bankwest a few years ago

Frailty

First Grade
NSWRL selling themselves like they’re more than just a representative team.

Giant sponsor on jersey, same sponsor on team badge, alternate jersey for a 3 game series, etc.

It’s honestly pathetic.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Why are Canberra wearing that generic white jersey? Stupidity
Trying to make the Lime Green jerseys more special by only wearing them in home games? If so Canberra should be advertising something like; "The only place you can see the Green Machine in Green, is at GIO Stadium" to attract the likes of their Sydney and Queensland based fans to travel to Canberra to attend a home game there

MugaB

Coach
Why are Canberra wearing that generic white jersey? Stupidity
I like it, it reminds me of winter, snow, and the mountains, all things that are around vikings (or raiders) infact this is the only white/blue combo i really think works the other teams wearing a white away are lazy and they all look terrible... warriors white away should be green, knights white away should be red, roosters is just ugly, but also could be red, cowboys should be silver/grey, and parra should be gold, the only other team is the bulldogs which is just blue and white cant really fault them, unless they add another color... either way i like the raiders use of it

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm glad our jersey reminds you of a winter wonderland.

There was no jersey clash. Wear green.
We’re the bad and mean, the white machine!

Not the raiders having the coolest and possibly the most iconic colour that clashes with no one and decide to wear that best and less white monstrosity.

Trash marketing. They have the perfect opportunity to use heritage designs for alternates and they would actually sell well.