What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Knights Injuries and Suspensions

We knew it would happen and now we have it big time.
Elliot out
Mann out
Poga out next game (at least)
Brailey out next game.
Friz?
I reckon Jacob will get off a suspension.
Who else?

mozza91

Coach
Yeah they only showed 1 replay of J Saf and it looked it might’ve bounced off the shoulder. Anyone seen any more replays?

Here's what NRLcom are saying.
Croker Suspension Rd 3
Elliot Groin Rd 6
Mann Calf Rd 6
Brailey TBC but will miss next game
Frizell Ankle TBC
Jack Johns Ankle TBC
Ponga TBC will miss next game
Mapapalangi Shoulder Indefinite
Sisagi Shoulder Indefinite

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Considering the Graham and Rapana ones from last week were 4 and 3 game suspensions I don’t think the Jacob one will be too harsh. It clearly wasn’t deliberate and when you watch it at normal speed you’re dealing with a fatigued defender who’s playing more than his normal minutes who’s chasing a player only to have another guy at a different angle run right at him. Is he supposed to stop and let him run past?

I’d say it’s a careless high tackle at worst. Maybe 1-2 weeks off.

mozza91

Coach
What’s the point of fighting it though. When was the last time we had something successfully downgraded at the judiciary? Probably some time on the 90’s.

The stitch ups they gave Snowden and Smith 10 years ago are still fresh in my mind.

General Knight

Juniors
Contact was made to the head and def deserves a suspension but wow 5 weeks is harsh. Looked alot worse than what it was. The dude literally ran into Saf's shoulder.

perverse

Referee
I'd agree with that, it was more careless and under fatigue. You could probably argue it was reflex pretty successfully given the circumstances, even though it certainly looked bad on the day.

Yosh

Coach
5 weeks? Jacob was basically standing there and the Tigers lad tried to headbutt Jacob's shoulder suddenly appearing from behind another player... Crazy...

perverse

Referee
5 weeks? Jacob was basically standing there and the Tigers lad tried to headbutt Jacob's shoulder suddenly appearing from behind another player... Crazy...
It's like the Snowden one way back when he broke that guy's face on his shoulder.

Snowy got crushed at the judiciary from memory. Like 10 week ban?

Whether we like it or not, they do take into account the outcome of a tackle too

perverse

Referee
Yeah i'd have to see how much the downgrade is even worth to really know if it's worth fighting it. Are we just talking +/- 1 week each way? If so, you probably just take the early plea and be done with it. We don't need the judiciary getting a hard-on for making an early example of someone. There's zero risk for the NRL/judiciary to get any heat from the media by giving one of our blokes a smack.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’d be fighting it because it was a pure reflex action, he didn’t foresee that guy even being there. It was a bit like a freight train hitting a truck that has gone onto the train tracks at the last moment, how’s the train driver supposed to apply the breaks in time.