What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 off season

ryan.a87

Juniors
Just had a listen to Toohey’s podcast where he interviews AOB and asks him a lot of good questions that we have been talking about on here

things that stood out to me were

1. Gagai to wing sounds like it’s on the cards
2. Ponga to 6 is almost locked in, he has been training there for the last 6 weeks
3. The 2022 pre season was heavily effected by Covid ( apparently the team was split into 2 camps for the majority of it) and was player driven. AOB says he is going to take back control of this pre season as it didn’t work (sounds like a bit of a cop out)

Bdubs

Juniors
the problem with O'Brien is he keeps saying the right things but nothing seems to be changing or he is making up excuses for failure. He says what he thinks the fans want to hear, so is he in these forums and then repeating those ideas and concerns. I don't think he has had an original thought since he has been here

Action speaks louder than words O'Brien

Jono078

Referee
the problem with O'Brien is he keeps saying the right things but nothing seems to be changing or he is making up excuses for failure. He says what he thinks the fans want to hear, so is he in these forums and then repeating those ideas and concerns. I don't think he has had an original thought since he has been here

Action speaks louder than words O'Brien
It's really odd isn't it! It's like he echoes our thoughts but then has to much pride to admit things he's done wrong and also showing too much loyalty to players.

Jono078

Referee
Also he keeps blaming the off-season and starting the season not as fit as we could be. Not sure about you guys but the best part of our season was the first 3 rounds.. We looked as competitive and as fit as any team at the time.

Jono078

Referee
Also curious to see if we sign a replacement for Hayden Knowles prior to November 1. If not, it's another built in excuse by the coach if we're not starting next season fit.

Haffa

The 2022 pre season was heavily effected by Covid ( apparently the team was split into 2 camps for the majority of it) and was player driven. AOB says he is going to take back control of this pre season as it didn’t work (sounds like a bit of a cop out)
Is it ever his fault? 6 wins from our last 26 games....

Jono078

Referee
I don’t think anything highlights the kind of year we had better than this video. 3 of our top 5 tries came in the first 3 rounds. They’re all also run of the mill kind of tries. None where there’s plenty of passes through hands and support players.

Apey

Staff member
All of them literally tries you see every week. The Friz try was a good put-down I suppose. Pathetic for an NRL highlight reel. They were better off not making that video at all, lol.
Sure, we don't have many flashy players. Or many talented players with great upsides. Or hell, many passable first graders at all.

I forget what my point was.

mozza91

Coach
Whoever put that video together did a pretty shit job. Just watched the highlights from the Raiders game a month ago and 3 of the tries we scored in that game were better than any of those in the Top 5.

macavity

Referee
Got a tour of the COE today. Pretty cool, they need to fill it out though. Very sparsely furnished (and they know it).

Also hopefully the area between the COE and the stadium needs some beautification.

All in time.

Hopefully over the summer a few of the players will be doing some fun stuff with my business ✌️