What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R1 Sat - North Qld 19-18 Canberra @ QLD Country Bank

Round 1: North Qld v Canberra

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 1
North Queensland Cowboys v Canberra Raiders
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville, South Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 4 March 2023

Gates 1:45pm / Q Cup Trial (TSV v PRIDE) 1:55pm / NRL starts 4:30pm, broadcast 5:30pm AEDT live on and Fox League/Kayo

NQL2022TEAM.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Peta Hiku 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Reuben Cotter 11. Coen Hess 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Jason Taumalolo 14. Jake Granville 15. Griffin Neame 16. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 17. James Tamou 18. Brendan Elliot 19. Riley Price 20. Tomas Chester 21. Gehamat Shibasaki 22. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki

CAN2022TEAM.png

1. Sebastian Kris 2. Nick Cotric 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Harley Smith-Shields 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Pasami Saulo 9. Danny Levi 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Corey Harawira-Naera 14. Tom Starling 15. Ata Mariota 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Emre Guler 18. Albert Hopoate 19. Matt Frawley 20. Zac Woolford 21. Trey Mooney 22. Peter Hola

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Wyatt Raymond, Phil Henderson
Video Referee: Kasey Badger

NORTH QLD: Hostplus Cup & HD Colts U21 start next week

CANBERRA: v Parramatta at Kellyville, Sat - Flegg 11:15am, NSW Cup 12pm​

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Just when you think the NRL scheduling couldn't be anymore ridiculous, they go and give NQ a home game at 4:30pm for Rd 1.

Fools.

gerg

Juniors
Just when you think the NRL scheduling couldn't be anymore ridiculous, they go and give NQ a home game at 4:30pm for Rd 1.

Fools.

We seem to get an early season game up in Townsville quite regularly. Some of the players have been on the Latrell diet in the off season ... again, so we'll be cooked after 20 minutes. Whitehead ate 'ALL' the pies and will be signalling for the sideline, for oxygen, after 5 minutes.

beave

Coach
We seem to get an early season game up in Townsville quite regularly. Some of the players have been on the Latrell diet in the off season ... again, so we'll be cooked after 20 minutes. Whitehead ate 'ALL' the pies and will be signalling for the sideline, for oxygen, after 5 minutes.
yeah i'm not sure why you guys seem to cop an NQ away early in the year. you guys should be getting home games early in the season and we should be getting away games.

gerg

Juniors
yeah i'm not sure why you guys seem to cop an NQ away early in the year. you guys should be getting home games early in the season and we should be getting away games.

Same issue as at your place. Canberra can be blazingly hot in late Feb/early March so it has to be a night match.

mozza91

Coach
Cowboys in a close one. Expecting good seasons from both teams but the Cowboys should too good at home.

skeepe

Immortal
We’ve got a 4:30pm Saturday game at Redcliffe next week too. The NRL obviously trying to engineer a win for the Dolphins in their first proper home game.

Bazal

Post Whore
The Stickman shouted me a Reschs the other week at the Croatia Deakin club when I got myself out for 90 so I have shaved an polished my head and stocked the fridge with lime Canberra Milk

Raiders by as high as Elliot Whitehead can count.

So a field goal

skeepe

Immortal
The Stickman shouted me a Reschs the other week at the Croatia Deakin club when I got myself out for 90 so I have shaved an polished my head and stocked the fridge with lime Canberra Milk

Raiders by as high as Elliot Whitehead can count.

So a field goal
If you’re tipping us, it sounds like you’ve polished more than just your head.