What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R11 Sat - Souths 20-0 Wests Tigers @ Accor

Round 11: Souths v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 11
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 13 May 2023

Gates open 12:30pm, NSW Cup 12:40pm, NRL kickoff 3pm. Broadcast live on Fox League and Kayo Sports.

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Hame Sele 11. Michael Chee Kam 12. Jacob Host 13. Cameron Murray 14. Jai Arrow 15. Jed Cartwright 16. Liam Knight 17. Thomas Burgess 18. Blake Taaffe 19. Richard Kennar 20. Peter Mamouzelos 21. Ben Lovett 22. Dean Hawkins

Out: Blake Taaffe (activated 18th player)

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Starford To'a 4. Tommy Talau 5. Junior Tupou 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Alex Twal 17. Asu Kepaoa 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Justin Matamua 20. Shawn Blore 21. Daine Laurie 22. Triston Reilly

Out: Alex Seyfarth (bench)
In: John Bateman (second row)
Changes: Asu Kepaoa (second row to bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Cameron Paddy
Video Referee: Adam Gee

LOWER GRADES
South Sydney^ v Western Subs^ at Accor, Sat - NSW Cup 12:40pm (FOX)
South Sydney^ v Wests Tigers^ at Accor, Sun - Flegg 3pm​

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Woohoo, our annual "play like wooden spooners" match....

yep. Souths tigers games are like clock work

Game 1: souths win easily
Game 2: souths play like trash, brooks has his one good game of the year and tigers somehow win

the game order doesn’t really matter

the funny thing was back when we were good and souths were crap it would be the other way around

yobbo84

First Grade
yep. Souths tigers games are like clock work

Game 1: souths win easily
Game 2: souths play like trash, brooks has his one good game of the year and tigers somehow win

the game order doesn’t really matter

the funny thing was back when we were good and souths were crap it would be the other way around
We're honestly primed for it.

We've had an enormous 10 week opening, 7 away games, played all the top teams, some twice and yet we are humming, everyone's patting the players on the back etc.

Now we're back at home vs the Tigers and I can see us taking it somewhat easy and getting our pants pulled down.

The weird thing is as you said we're just as likely to come out and win by 40, so who knows which one it'll be.

GongPanther

Referee
We're honestly primed for it.

We've had an enormous 10 week opening, 7 away games, played all the top teams, some twice and yet we are humming, everyone's patting the players on the back etc.

Now we're back at home vs the Tigers and I can see us taking it somewhat easy and getting our pants pulled down.

The weird thing is as you said we're just as likely to come out and win by 40, so who knows which one it'll be.
56-12.

This Year?

Immortal
I hope the Tigers win just for the lols. Will Souths let it happen for the greater good?

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
So latrell is definitely getting sin binned this week right? After the big sook they’ve had about his handbags on poor Harry Grant I feel like it’s a surety.

my guess is a professional foul tackling someone off the ball

BranVan3000

Coach
So latrell is definitely getting sin binned this week right? After the big sook they’ve had about his handbags on poor Harry Grant I feel like it’s a surety.

Sook

Vic Mackey

Referee

in 2021 we played souths. latrell got cited for 3 incidents and suspened for a total of 4 weeks. we didnt get a penalty for any of the 3 incidents, let alone a sin bin

yobbo84

First Grade
in 2021 we played souths. latrell got cited for 3 incidents and suspened for a total of 4 weeks. we didnt get a penalty for any of the 3 incidents, let alone a sin bin
One of those was for sliding in with the knees after a try when he clipped ankles which happens all the time

One was for lashing out with a foot and missing

Both were only charged because Garner carried on like a sook and Latrell played that match with angry stank face... nothing incidents

I was livid Souths never challenged those at the judiciary, if we had and gotten off, then his hit on Manu would've only been 4 weeks and Latrell plays the 2021 GF

I'm still not bitter about 2021, I promise... :/

Vic Mackey

Referee
One of those was for sliding in with the knees after a try when he clipped ankles which happens all the time

One was for lashing out with a foot and missing

Both were only charged because Garner carried on like a sook and Latrell played that match with angry stank face... nothing incidents

I was livid Souths never challenged those at the judiciary, if we had and gotten off, then his hit on Manu would've only been 4 weeks and Latrell plays the 2021 GF

I'm still not bitter about 2021, I promise... :/

oh please, theres issues between Latrell and Garner dating back to when they played together at Wyong, Latrell thugs it up against him everytime they play

the sliding knees to the back should have been an 8 point try which would have won us the game, however it wasnt because Garner got straight up

yobbo84

First Grade
oh please, theres issues between Latrell and Garner dating back to when they played together at Wyong, Latrell thugs it up against him everytime they play

the sliding knees to the back should have been an 8 point try which would have won us the game, however it wasnt because Garner got straight up
LOL, he got him in the ankles and Garner had a sook

Vic Mackey

Referee
LOL, he got him in the ankles and Garner had a sook

thanks for putting that up, clearly shows first contact with the hip/back. Also starts his slide once the balls already down

what do you think Latrell’s reaction would be if someone did that to him?