What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R2 - Penrith 16-10 Souths @ BlueBet

Round 2: Penrith v Souths

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 2
Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs
BlueBet Stadium, Penrith, Penrith (TICKETS)
Thursday 9 March 2023

Gates 5:05pm / NSW Cup (PEN v SOU) 5:20pm / NRL starts 8:00pm, broadcast on Nine Network and Fox League/Kayo

PEN2022TEAM.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Luke Garner 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Soni Luke 15. Matt Eisenhuth 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Jaeman Salmon 18. Zac Hosking 19. Lindsay Smith 20. Tyrone Peachey 21. Jack Cogger 22. Thomas Jenkins

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Michael Chee Kam 13. Cameron Murray 14. Blake Taaffe 15. Jed Cartwright 16. Davvy Moale 17. Shaq Mitchell 18. Tallis Duncan 19. Terrell Kalo Kalo 20. Ben Lovett 21. Taane Milne 22. Peter Mamouzelos

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Chris Sutton
Video Referee: Chris Butler

PENRITH: v Souths at Bluebet, Thu - NSW Cup 5:20pm; Sat - Flegg 2:45pm

SOUTHS: v Penrith at Bluebet, Thu - NSW Cup 5:20pm; Sat - Flegg 2:45pm

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Got a feeling we lose a NSW rep player for SOO out of this one, such will be the intensity.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
As a fan of a club that perpetually under performs in round 1, I'm not fooled by Penrith's performance last week.

If they don't bounce back at home then the cause for concern might be real

yobbo84

First Grade
If Tatola and Arrow don't back up, which I doubt given the 5-day turnaround, we've basically more than half our middle forwards out injured already.

Only Tom Burgess, Davvy Moale, Shaquai Mitchell and Daniel Suluka-Fifita are fit.

That's not enough to match it in the middle with Penrith.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Penrith will bounce back here, but only by a narrow margin. They do look very wobbly at the moment without Api and Kikau.

Victoire

Juniors
Real shame Tatola and Arrow are likely out of this, even though I thought Shaq Mitchell in particular did a great job for the Bunnies last week. The Penrith middle is much stronger than Cronulla's though. Panthers win this

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well I can't see this backfiring..

lol as a fan this is great stuff, it never really seems to work in Australian sport though where teams strive to be the under dog. I remember he said something similar last year before Penrith minus Cleary and Luai rolled them.

yobbo84

First Grade
No Arrow, Tatola, Sele, Host, Havili or Knight... yeah, it's going to be a tough night. Murray, Burgess and Koloamatangi are going to have to be sensational if we're to be any chance.

Re: Latrell. Love it. Great for the game.

Valheru

Coach
lol as a fan this is great stuff, it never really seems to work in Australian sport though where teams strive to be the under dog. I remember he said something similar last year before Penrith minus Cleary and Luai rolled them.

It is one of those things that it is so rare in Australian sports that when it does happen, the opponents take note and usually come out firing.

In America, it so so common no one really pays attention.

yobbo84

First Grade
Latrell named, but still a chance of missing out. If he is out, Taaffe will go to FB and I'd be tempted to throw Taane Milne onto the bench, and put him on the field as soon as Leniu comes on, just for the LOLs...

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Latrell named, but still a chance of missing out. If he is out, Taaffe will go to FB and I'd be tempted to throw Taane Milne onto the bench, and put him on the field as soon as Leniu comes on, just for the LOLs...
Damn. I hope Latrell plays, I live for the shit talking

yobbo84

First Grade
One other thing - why the heck are we playing off a 5 day turnaround in round 2 while the Dragons sit their twiddling their thumbs?

soc123_au

Staff member
Latrell with a bit of spice is good stuff. Cant wait to see Leota iron him out again.

Do you think they’ll save Latts to keep him fit to play instead?

This Year?

Immortal
I'm on the fence with this one. PENRITH owning the Bunnies yet again or the sign that the smug reign is over like the Hunger Games?
Both have the most unlikeable 6's too.
Draw?