What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R2 - Sydney 20-12 Warriors @ Allianz

Round 2: Sydney v Warriors

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Warriors

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 2
Sydney Roosters v Warriors
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 11 March 2023

Gates 12:30pm / NSW Cup (SYD v WAR) 12:40pm Fox/Kayo
NRL starts 3pm, broadcast on Fox League/Kayo

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph Suaalii 4. Joseph Manu 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Lindsay Collins 9. Brandon Smith 10. Fletcher Baker 11. Egan Butcher 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Jake Turpin 15. Drew Hutchison 16. Naufahu Whyte 17. Terrell May 18. Corey Allan 19. Ben Thomas 20. Sandon Smith 21. Siua Wong 22. Elie El Zakhem

WAR2022TEAM.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Edward Kosi 3. Brayden Wiliame 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Bunty Afoa 16. Josh Curran 17. Tom Ale 18. Viliami Vailea 20. Freddy Lussick 21. Ronald Volkman 22. Taine Tuaupiki 23. Bayley Sironen

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Dave Munro
Video Referee: Ben Cummins

SYDNEY: v Warriors at Allianz, Sat - NSW Cup 12:40pm Fox/Kayo
v Canberra at Belconnen, Sun - Flegg 2pm
Norths^ v Canberra at Belconnen, Sun - NSW Cup 3:45pm

WARRIORS: v Sydney at Allianz, Sat - NSW Cup 12:40pm Fox/Kayo

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I expect a better performance than round 1 but this is still a big danger game. Lodge won't be there, Radley is long odds and there is no guarantee either JWH or Manu will be back.

I think we will get the job done but not in a convincing way.

yobbo84

First Grade
Roosters would want to win this match. They play Souths, Eels, Storm and Sharks after this week.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Hard one to tip. You would think the Warriors will take the momentum and run with it, but something tells me Robbo will be tearing the paint off the walls this week at training and the Sombreros will come out swinging.

Valheru

Coach
We look woefully short in the forwards now.

JWH, Lodge, Radley, Crighton and Topouniua all missing.

We should have too much class from 1-7 to get the job done... if they get the ball in decent field position.

This will be a tight one and the warriors with the start is the value of the weekend.

Grapple

Bench
Warriors looked full of life and energy last game. Good to see a Warriors team look like they're up for it at beginning of season with a nicely balanced squad, and they give it a good crack. Roosters win with a little more class to get their first win.

Rooster 22
Warrior 14

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I reckon a few neutral fans will be cheering on the warriors in this one.
Probably because of their cool jerseys

Fangs

Coach
Only takes 20 minutes for the Roosters to start phoning it in. The Warriors just need to hang with them for a while. If they keep it close in the early game then they are a chance.

They should also use the Dolphins blueprint and bash them. I thought the Roosters bench didn't offer much last week. While the Warriors have Dylan Walker, Bunty Afoa and Josh Curran on the pine. That's plenty to trouble the Roosters.

I'll take the upset. Warriors by 1 with Shaun Johnson making everyone's weekend.

Latest posts