What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R3 Fri - Sydney 20-18 Souths @ Allianz

Round 3: Sydney v Souths

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 3
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Friday 17 March 2023

Gates 6:05pm / NRL kickoff 8:05pm, broadcast live on Nine Network & 9Now, Fox League & Kayo Sports

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph Suaalii 4. Joseph Manu 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Egan Butcher 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Jake Turpin 15. Drew Hutchison 16. Terrell May 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Naufahu Whyte 19. Ben Thomas 20. Sandon Smith 21. Corey Allan 22. Siua Wong

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Michael Chee Kam 13. Cameron Murray 14. Blake Taaffe 15. Hame Sele 16. Davvy Moale 17. Shaq Mitchell 18. Jed Cartwright 19. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 20. Ben Lovett 21. Taane Milne 22. Peter Mamouzelos

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Touch Judges: Liam Kennedy, Phil Henderson
Video Referee: Adam Gee

LOWER GRADES:
Warriors v North Sydney^ at Trusts Arena, Sun - NSW Cup 1pm NZT
Sydney^ v South Sydney^ at Wentworth Park, Sun - Flegg 1:30pm / NSW Cup 3pm​

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Well here we go again

A rivalry is great but if the players could just play footy and leave the hate to the fans that would be ideal.

That won't happen though.

Who knows what frame of mind Latrell will be in after last week and JWH looks likely to play his first game this season.

Hopefully things are less ridiculous than the semi final last year.

NewySteel

Juniors
Well here we go again

A rivalry is great but if the players could just play footy and leave the hate to the fans that would be ideal.

That won't happen though.

Who knows what frame of mind Latrell will be in after last week and JWH looks likely to play his first game this season.

Hopefully things are less ridiculous than the semi final last year.
As a neutral I hope it plays out the same as the last few encounters.

Everytime these teams play each other, one team’s season implodes. If that’s not great entertainment for a neutral footy fan, I don’t know what is.

This Year?

Immortal
As a rival of both these clubs the greatest joy I get is trolling whoever loses.
I love the passion both sides of this rivalry show. This season I think the Roosters will win the one that matters and this one will just be a rehearsal.

yobbo84

First Grade
This stat is technically correct, which as we all know is the best kind of correct...

This match will be the 7th consecutive NRL match where Souths are the away team... and all against the same 3 clubs!
  1. Round 25, 2022 vs Roosters - Away @ Allianz
  2. Finals Week 1, 2022 vs Roosters - Away @ Allianz
  3. Finals Week 2, 2022 vs Sharks - Away @ Allianz
  4. Finals Week 3, 2022 vs Panthers - Away @ Accor
  5. Round 1, 2023 vs Sharks - Away @ Cronulla
  6. Round 2, 2023 vs Panthers - Away @ Penrith
  7. Round 3, 2023 vs Roosters - Away @ Allianz

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
As a rival of both these clubs the greatest joy I get is trolling whoever loses.
I love the passion both sides of this rivalry show. This season I think the Roosters will win the one that matters and this one will just be a rehearsal.

Under robbo, the chooks are 2-8 in the first game of the season against souths. This is almost reversed with a 7-3 record in the 2nd game.

In the 3rd game it is 2-2

Fangs

Coach
Team who suffers the least HIA's will win. So I have to say Souths get up here. Though I'd prefer a Roosters win.

JamesRustle

First Grade
This stat is technically correct, which as we all know is the best kind of correct...

This match will be the 7th consecutive NRL match where Souths are the away team... and all against the same 3 clubs!
  1. Round 25, 2022 vs Roosters - Away @ Allianz
  2. Finals Week 1, 2022 vs Roosters - Away @ Allianz
  3. Finals Week 2, 2022 vs Sharks - Away @ Allianz
  4. Finals Week 3, 2022 vs Panthers - Away @ Accor
  5. Round 1, 2023 vs Sharks - Away @ Cronulla
  6. Round 2, 2023 vs Panthers - Away @ Penrith
  7. Round 3, 2023 vs Roosters - Away @ Allianz
I'm underwhelmed by your stat. Just goes to prove that the best stats are made up on the spot 95% of the time.

I hope Bunnies run riot in more ways than 1.

yobbo84

First Grade
It's been a funny (and fun as a Souths fan) rivalry of late. Whenever there has been any emotion going into the game, the Roosters have lost their heads and we've won comfortably.

The only time they've really got the better of us of late is that final in 2019 where they got us at the jump (and Bennett playing Adam Doueihi on the wing for some reason), and we never recovered. Same as for Round 25 last year which was meaningless and they just played footy.

Surely their focus this week will just be to treat us like any other side.

I'd be tempted to bait them by picking Taane Milne on the bench instead of Blake Taaffe..

It's been a funny (and fun as a Souths fan) rivalry of late. Whenever there has been any emotion going into the game, the Roosters have lost their heads and we've won comfortably.

The only time they've really got the better of us of late is that final in 2019 where they got us at the jump (and Bennett playing Adam Doueihi on the wing for some reason), and we never recovered. Same as for Round 25 last year which was meaningless and they just played footy.

Surely their focus this week will just be to treat us like any other side.

I'd be tempted to bait them by picking Taane Milne on the bench instead of Blake Taaffe..
We‘ve missed Cordner’s captaincy who kept Jared and Rads under control instead of the lunatics they become at these games. I’d imagine both will be selected this week so more of the same.

yobbo84

First Grade
First derby outside of COVID I'm missing in over a decade. F**k their BS price gouging, I won't pay it.

Charging $90 for an adult ticket for Bay 30 (between the try line and dead ball line on the Eastern side), for a club game, is crazy.

For reference - that exact same bay, cost me $90 total for myself AND my 3 kids for the elimination final last year!

Valheru

Coach
First derby outside of COVID I'm missing in over a decade. F**k their BS price gouging, I won't pay it.

Charging $90 for an adult ticket for Bay 30 (between the try line and dead ball line on the Eastern side), for a club game, is crazy.

For reference - that exact same bay, cost me $90 total for myself AND my 3 kids for the elimination final last year!
I'm not in love with the prices but if we want this game to be a twice yearly premium event at Allianz which hopefully it will be from next year, we have to expect premium prices.

If the roosters (and souths) can consistently get 30k plus for this fixture at those prices than more power to them. Hopefully it drives membership numbers up.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm not in love with the prices but if we want this game to be a twice yearly premium event at Allianz which hopefully it will be from next year, we have to expect premium prices.

If the roosters (and souths) can consistently get 30k plus for this fixture at those prices than more power to them. Hopefully it drives membership numbers up.

Kayo memberships? Cause that's what those prices are driving.

This Year?

Immortal

It's laughable when you see the prices for the Souths and the ANZAC Day games compared to other games. Absolute price gouging.

GongPanther

Referee

That is foio for thought for the Panthers fans who are egging on for a new stadium. Was for the new stadium, but now you have brought this to light, I think sticking to Penrith Park is the best option. But anyhow, it's not going to happen any way as the Libs will get crunched in the fed election.

Roosters by 40-18.

Latest posts