What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R4 Fri - Dolphins 12-18 Brisbane @ Suncorp

Round 4: Dolphins v Brisbane

• Dolphins

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
It will be a rivalry no doubt but at the moment it's nothing more than a concocted rivalry, neither team has any genuine reason to dislike the other. They signed some players, good on them, we signed some too.

Titans have been signing our players since their inception and that's barely even a rivalry. It was initially, when they were competitive. It only becomes a genuine rivalry if they start to beat us, much like it became a rivalry with the Cows once they beat us and won a premiership as well. That's the main rivalry in QLD, they'll need to beat us to get anything going.

This talk about it being bigger than Souths vs Roosters, I can't have it. That's been going on for decades and even to this day their games are as dramatic as it gets.

some11

Referee
Its amusing in every presser Broncos staff keep calling them Redcliffe lol
Cuz that's where they are based. National Rugba Leeg not embracing it because they want to appeal to a wider area doesn't make much sense to me. They already have the local underdogs tag.

Sphagnum

Coach
If the dolphins control Reynolds they will win. The only reason we’re not still talking about how bad walters is as a coach is that Reynolds is there making him look good.

Wayne knows it hence the look frozen on his wrinkly old face Being more smug than ever.

Pneuma

First Grade
Im playing cards with my sister and other family tomorrow night. Somebody shoot me please?

Jason Maher

Immortal
It will be a rivalry no doubt but at the moment it's nothing more than a concocted rivalry, neither team has any genuine reason to dislike the other. They signed some players, good on them, we signed some too.

Titans have been signing our players since their inception and that's barely even a rivalry. It was initially, when they were competitive. It only becomes a genuine rivalry if they start to beat us, much like it became a rivalry with the Cows once they beat us and won a premiership as well. That's the main rivalry in QLD, they'll need to beat us to get anything going.

This talk about it being bigger than Souths vs Roosters, I can't have it. That's been going on for decades and even to this day their games are as dramatic as it gets.
Yeah, the media beat up of this game has been annoying and so obviously contrived. I personally despise the Broncos with every fibre of my being, but there is a fair portion of the Dolphins fanbase I've interacted with who are either former Broncos fans or who have the Queensland vs the rest attitude I've described. Even among the Redcliffe diehards who've been fans for decades, I haven't observed much hostility toward the Broncos. It's all about love for their own team and excitement at being in the NRL. Most people aren't bitter and twisted and motivated by hate like myself. I'm sure there is potential for a genuine rivalry to develop, but it will take time. I wish the subhumans in the media would let it happen rather than trying to make it happen.

I wouldn't expect a dragons supporter to.
Dragons? Never heard of the f**kers.

Its amusing in every presser Broncos staff keep calling them Redcliffe lol
Was bound to happen. As was the Redcliffe chant. As was people like Gus Gould calling us Redcliffe. Everyone knows who we really are. But the NRL set the terms under which we would be granted the NRL license, and the QRL rules dictate we can't have a direct reserve grade team under the same identity in the Queensland Cup, so it is what it is. I don't like it, but I accept it. Having an NRL team was priority #1, and understandably so.

We all know your feelings on the issue, so there is no real need for you to bring it up at every opportunity. Why not go back to focusing on your mob being team 18? Be positive rather than endlessly sniping at us or every Sydney team out of envy.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
"Battle medal".. cringe

Sounds like something you'd use in a video game. I know what they are going for, they want it to be the Battle of Brisbane medal, another pathetic attempt to force it down our throats. Just let the teams play, if it turns out they genuinely hate each other then that's great but whatever happens, let it happen.

It feels like one of those cultural arranged marriages right now, nothing natural about it.

GongPanther

Referee
The reactions I'm reading and hearing that people have been sick to death of the over hype to the point that they will be watching something else instead.

I'll change my mind in watching it, only for the massive brawl that will break out when Brissie score their eighth try just before half time.

Sounds like something you'd use in a video game. I know what they are going for, they want it to be the Battle of Brisbane medal, another pathetic attempt to force it down our throats. Just let the teams play, if it turns out they genuinely hate each other then that's great but whatever happens, let it happen.

It feels like one of those cultural arranged marriages right now, nothing natural about it.

Also the carry on about "the medal" and who is presenting it will be all over Nein's coverage during the game I'll bet. Another reason to not watch FTA coverage.

blaza88z

Coach
The reactions I'm reading and hearing that people have been sick to death of the over hype to the point that they will be watching something else instead.

I'll change my mind in watching it, only for the massive brawl that will break out when Brissie score their eighth try just before half time.

Nah I think it will be close, Wayne Bennett sides tend to complete high and turn up for each other, that in itself makes them hard to beat. We've played 1 good game and that was the defensive display against Penrith, other games we had a few things go our way with the opposition making errors (breaking jaws and the like).

Grapple

Bench
Brisbane 13+

New teams like Dolphins ride a wave at the beginning, the same way a new coach does to a team that's been losing for a while. An instant boost, or injection to the team.
But Brisbane aren't a depleted Newcastle side.

It's good to see Brisbane bouncing back finally. Happy to see Walsh is enjoying his footy and thriving.

Latest posts