What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R4 Thu - Parramatta 17-16* Penrith @ CommBank

Round 4: Parramatta v Penrith

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Well done to Mitch. Plenty on here saying his kick doesn’t match what Cleary did. Cleary’s kick was awesome but Mitch had a shot to win the match and took it. Can’t ask any more of him than that.

I think it'd be a dumb human who was too critical either halfback after that game. Both controlled the game when they had the advantage and stood up when the game was there to win IMO.

Honestly that might end up the best game of the year, which is shocking given it involved Parramatta 😂 I think both teams could play better than they did but I think they both played as well as they were allowed to. Klein is a moron but he still had a pretty much neutral influence. The way both sides just ripped into each other for 83 mins but kept high completion rates and controlled things was awesome.

And it was a f**ken Thursday game FFS!

yobbo84

First Grade
Val Holmes nailed a better 2 pointer in the semi last year. Won the game.

It’s been done better before.
Latrell Mitchell literally did almost the same thing last year. We scored late vs the Storm in Round 2 to get to 2 points behind, he nailed a 45m field goal with 20 seconds to go to tie it up, we did something dumb in the first minute of extra time, and the Storm kicked a field goal to win it.

Almost a carbon copy finish. Difference last night was a top match from start to finish where our game vs the Storm was a stinker until the final 10 mins.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Latrell Mitchell literally did almost the same thing last year. We scored late vs the Storm in Round 2 to get to 2 points behind, he nailed a 45m field goal with 20 seconds to go to tie it up, we did something dumb in the first minute of extra time, and the Storm kicked a field goal to win it.

Almost a carbon copy finish. Difference last night was a top match from start to finish where our game vs the Storm was a stinker until the final 10 mins.
Easy to see why people grow tired of Cleary receiving hyperbolic plaudits for doing things plenty of other players have done:

Panthers superstar Nathan Cleary delivered arguably the “greatest clutch play” in the history of rugby league in his side’s grand final rematch loss against the Eels.

That is according to rugby league legend Matty Johns, who described Cleary’s 40-metre, two-point field goal in Thursday night’s golden point thriller as an “act of god”.

"act of god" lol

Easy to see why people grow tired of Cleary receiving hyperbolic plaudits for doing things plenty of other players have done:

Panthers superstar Nathan Cleary delivered arguably the “greatest clutch play” in the history of rugby league in his side’s grand final rematch loss against the Eels.

That is according to rugby league legend Matty Johns, who described Cleary’s 40-metre, two-point field goal in Thursday night’s golden point thriller as an “act of god”.

"act of god" lol

It is the hyperbole used by some media pundits which wind up with certain fans disliking players. Looking back on it, I think it was a large reason for why NSW crowds always gave Wally Lewis such a hard time, even when he was playing for Australia as he was made out by some of the media at the time as the rugby league equivalent of the second coming of Jesus.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It is the hyperbole used by some media pundits which wind up with certain fans disliking players. Looking back on it, I think it was a large reason for why NSW crowds always gave Wally Lewis such a hard time, even when he was playing for Australia as he was made out by some of the media at the time as the rugby league equivalent of the second coming of Jesus.
Given Wally is five-eighth of the century and an Immortal, that was far more justified.

With a player like Cleary though, it really is a massive stretch. He's not even the best player in his team.

Bazal

Post Whore
I mean the greatest clutch play in history was obviously Nathan f**ken Cayless slotting the only field goal of his career out of nowhere to take us to GP at Parra stadium.

We won too. But come on. Nathan Cayless! Halfbacks are supposed to do that shit

johns_reds

First Grade
Darren Lockyer kicked a 46m drop goal in origin.
It happens, not sure why everyone is talking up Cleary, He didn't do too much until that kick, the guy is struggling without Api this year.

johns_reds

First Grade
Forgot to say, Cronk also did it in Origin, but actually did it to win the game!
"In those few split seconds of time between receiving the ball and landing it at its intended destination, there was no noise in my head whatsoever. "Every sinew in my body came together - one perfect whole."

Man that guy was a douche.

mongoose

Coach

"act of god" lol
Possibly the greatest field goal ever but what Michael Morgan does here is still a country mile ahead of it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I mean the greatest clutch play in history was obviously Nathan f**ken Cayless slotting the only field goal of his career out of nowhere to take us to GP at Parra stadium.

We won too. But come on. Nathan Cayless! Halfbacks are supposed to do that shit
Didn’t Ian Hindy win us a game with a left footer once?? That was clutch.

Sphagnum

Coach
Lol!

Neither was Moses under any pressure. Matter of fact it was a pretty lack lustre effort by our boys to put Moses off. Looks like they didn’t even try.

But as I’ve said; once Kenny made that high shot, the game was over.
Moses was under enormous pressure. JFH had been swinging elbows all night and Klein hadn’t penalised him once nor had he kept the Panthers onside for a single set. They just didn’t have enough left to stop a real superstar like Moses doing what most can’t in clutch moments.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Moses was under enormous pressure. JFH had been swinging elbows all night and Klein hadn’t penalised him once nor had he kept the Panthers onside for a single set. They just didn’t have enough left to stop a real superstar like Moses doing what most can’t in clutch moments.

Have a look at the replays of both kicks.

Moses had none of our guys near him, in comparison, Cleary had your forwards zeroing in and had to make the kick in split seconds.

Latest posts