What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R4 Thu - Parramatta 17-16* Penrith @ CommBank

Round 4: Parramatta v Penrith

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
I think it'd be a dumb human who was too critical either halfback after that game. Both controlled the game when they had the advantage and stood up when the game was there to win IMO.

Honestly that might end up the best game of the year, which is shocking given it involved Parramatta 😂 I think both teams could play better than they did but I think they both played as well as they were allowed to. Klein is a moron but he still had a pretty much neutral influence. The way both sides just ripped into each other for 83 mins but kept high completion rates and controlled things was awesome.

And it was a f**ken Thursday game FFS!
Well said. Another absorbing contest.

GongPanther

Referee
Easy to see why people grow tired of Cleary receiving hyperbolic plaudits for doing things plenty of other players have done:

Panthers superstar Nathan Cleary delivered arguably the “greatest clutch play” in the history of rugby league in his side’s grand final rematch loss against the Eels.

That is according to rugby league legend Matty Johns, who described Cleary’s 40-metre, two-point field goal in Thursday night’s golden point thriller as an “act of god”.

"act of god" lol
Ignore the idiot media. Either you liked that moment in time, or you didn't care for it. The fan's ( of both team's ) response at Parra Park is what really counts given the gravity of that situation.

I was talking to my dad about it and he made a good point. Even with the going to extra time and the few minutes turnaround that entails, the game still finished at 10 to 10. Usually the games are pushing the two hour mark but there were so few stoppages. Both teams completed above 90% (haven’t checked the stats, but that is what he said). Both teams came up with clutch plays towards the end of the game. All round, just a great game of football.

GongPanther

Referee
I'd love to see it.

I'm not just saying it because we won, but that was the best game of footy I've seen in ages.
Both teams just have to show patience and faith. Even if we loose our next two games, I know we are confident enough to climb the ladder. And the injuries and suspensions that seem to affect other teams more, I'm more than willing to throw a few dollars on us if the odds blow right out.

Pantherjim.

Referee
The quickest way to turn young Parra fans into Penrith fans. Especially when their boys pass up seeing them in preference for a hot shower whilst despite a loss, the opposing team’s star player and Captain takes the time to walk the length of the field at Parra Stadium greeting them….

5DAC7648-538E-4BAB-8B13-0747185DBA32.jpeg

Bazal

Post Whore
Good work from Cleary but pretty disingenuously framed.

Most of the boys hang out for a while after every home game, as do players from every club. Sadly in a crowd of tens of thousands it's luck of the draw a lot of the time for individual kids.

Latest posts