What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R5 Thu - Sydney 28-20 Parramatta @ Allianz

Round 5: Sydney v Parramatta

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
1-4 Eels v 0-5 Tigers at homebush easter Monday :D

Lets be honest if we attack the way we have the last two weeks and don't have Atkins it's warm up the 50 thread.

But we're Parramatta so I make it a 50/50 game and a 65% chance of us somehow giving Tom Shines extra faith in Luke Brooks

Lets be honest if we attack the way we have the last two weeks and don't have Atkins it's warm up the 50 thread.

But we're Parramatta so I make it a 50/50 game and a 65% chance of us somehow giving Tom Shines extra faith in Luke Brooks

Last season your blokes made Luke Brooks look every bit the new Joey on Easter Monday. Please don’t do the same this year or we’ll give him a 5 year extension

Delboy

First Grade
Given it was a Greg Hartley standard tonight by Atkins, a penalty agst Wiremu for tackling too hard gets the Roosters out of trouble. Penisini sin binned for a professional foul, nothing when he was pulled back earlier.
Grieg turned I a handy stint, Hodgson just can’t be relied on for more than 30 minutes, the Eels looked much slicker when Hands went to 9.
Greg Alexander basically commentates as a Panther fan on a Parra game, not at all even handed.
An awkward start, 3 teams getting 2 weeks to prepare and losses to kicks in the hardest 5 games to start a season for any team I’ve seen in a long, long time. Thanks Annesley and the NRL.

Bazal

Post Whore
Given it was a Greg Hartley standard tonight by Atkins, a penalty agst Wiremu for tackling too hard gets the Roosters out of trouble. Penisini sin binned for a professional foul, nothing when he was pulled back earlier.
Grieg turned I a handy stint, Hodgson just can’t be relied on for more than 30 minutes, the Eels looked much slicker when Hands went to 9.
Greg Alexander basically commentates as a Panther fan on a Parra game, not at all even handed.
An awkward start, 3 teams getting 2 weeks to prepare and losses to kicks in the hardest 5 games to start a season for any team I’ve seen in a long, long time. Thanks Annesley and the NRL.

Yeah we got pubed tonight. I'm also sick of Teddy squid-legging it at the line, Bailey sin bin was fair for the contact but deadset that running style has been an issue for years and Karen couldn't care less.

Parra forum are comparing this year to 2018 but we could legit have won all five games with a bit of luck or polish. Or without Bryce, in the case of the Sharks game. Tonight is probably the one we were most out of after the sin bins, so hardly a squad/coaching issue.

It's a tight comp this year IMO. I didn't have us top 4 and I still don't but I'm not slitting my wrists. I like what Emu brought in D, he hit f**ken hard. Maka also. Doorey is really good and will spend less time suspended than Marata but Murchie is defs a back up, although I think he'd show more on an edge.

I don't get the Brown criticism, he looks really good but we're misisng Lane on that edge and DylBro lacks some threat with Bryce hopping around goose stepping instead of Lane hitting those lines.

With a full strength side I think we go quite well this year. But our depth is a bit iffy in terms of keeping our defence together, a lot of the back ups seem to be average defenders this season.

Apey

Staff member
Some serious reaching in this thread. Tedesco wasn't falling like in the other incidents, he was running at pace sideways and maybe dropped 5 - 10cm at absolute maximum from his running straight height, like every single other player would in those circumstances. I think his right leg being in the position it is in is what's getting people, but if you watch the incident his head drops very little - and no more than the other Parra defender who is sliding across (~40s in below video).