What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R6 Fri - North Qld 22-32 Dolphins @ QLD Country Bank

Round 6: North Qld v Dolphins

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I expect Ponga to be picked anyway assuming he’s back in the next week or two anyway.
Just so I am clear,

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.​

Is a far better player than Reece Walsh and Ponga should retire on milkshakes.

They both have trouble tackling.

King hit

Coach
It’s a little funny hearing some talk about this is an upset

1: The dolphins dropped that handbrake Milford who is done as a first grader.

2: The cowboys aren’t going as good this year. Even though I tipped NQLD I wasn’t going to be shocked if the Phins got up

beave

Coach
Every match the Cowboys play it’s like “how bad was every other side to let these crabs get to a prelim last year”

Holmes on a million a year to do one thing again, Bongwater does sweet nothing and they get rid of Hammer, two average as anything halves, Dearden back to usual this season

What TV station did watch this game on in LA?

I think the shortened pre-season has buggered us for the year. We had a lot of players in the World Cup. They didn't get a lot of time to work on their combinations. The attack is clunky and the defenders are not working as an organised units. The third or second defender in from touch is rushing up and not making the tackle whenever the other mob shifts the ball out wide. That's poor communication.

The lightning fast line speed we used last year with a smaller forward pack took its toll as the season went on. We went from conceding the fewest points to letting in soft tries. That's carried over into this season.

Our forwards are getting monstered.

The players look disinterested and unfit.

Townsend and Holmes have been hot and cold. Both are dropping a lot of ball, missing tackles and conceding penalties. Every now and then they are very good, but not often enough.

We really need Robson to be active from dummy half because we lack a ball playing halfback.

Drinkwater needs to get involved more on the last play. Especially when we're in the opponent's 20m zone. Townsend's short kicking game is too unreliable.

Hiku has been a liability this year.

Injuries and suspension have hurt us.

Dearden was quiet last night.