What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 ANZAC DAY - Sydney 27-26 St Geo Illa @ Allianz

Round 8: Sydney v St Geo Illa

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
Great fight back from the dragons, Sloan starting to fulfill the potential he’s shown the last couple of years.

roosters, man are they low key pretty shit? My mate who’s a chooks fan told me the other week he reckons they’ll miss the 8. Might not be far off.

Yeah look I wouldn't dismiss a few things here

1. The last 10 years are littered with the dragons performing above their level on ANZAC day and usually winning
2. We were nearly up 26-6 then dragons got an absolute fluke try off that penalty
3. Tupou went off the 2nd half which means we git the pleasure of hutch in the centres

ChocOConnor

Juniors
As a dragons fan I love this Anzac game. Congrats to both sides non gave an inch but imagine if we had a coach who would let them display the skills these kids at dragons we got. Hunt was hit late should have been a penalty but no whinge. It all evens out at seasons end. Footy was the winner here.

Vic Mackey

Referee

1. The last 10 years are littered with the dragons performing above their level on ANZAC day and usually winning
2. We were nearly up 26-6 then dragons got an absolute fluke try off that penalty
3. Tupou went off the 2nd half which means we git the pleasure of hutch in the centres

yeah true, I don’t know I just see a lot of concerning stuff with them. I mean who from today can still get better? Sualli? The guy who’s leaving? 90% of their team has reached their potential and the majority aren’t as good as they were 2-3 years ago. Won 1 semi in 4 years which was against the titans by 2 points.

Big Pete

Referee

In that clip, Robati has had a head clash with Faamausili, but replays showed that his shoulder had also made contact with the head. In the Radley on Molo incident...

it appeared Radley also clipped him with the shoulder. They showed an angle from Molo's perspective that looked more damning.

The Roosters did well to lift after Radley went off, but he's got to fix his technique. Should only be a Grade 1 Careless like Robati's as well.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Radley got him in the head with the shoulder first. It was pretty clear. Robbo can piss and moan all he likes (and he probably will) but the video doesn’t lie.

GongPanther

Referee
IDC about the Sydney centric angle, make it a game worthy of the date with 2 genuine adversaries.
Yea, I agree with going a tad overboard with the Sydney centricism. But when it has come to anything ground breaking, it seems like most get left in the dark.

I was thinking along the lines from the English football FA Cup Final wereas they play in the Charity Shield in the next year.

Valheru

Coach
yeah true, I don’t know I just see a lot of concerning stuff with them. I mean who from today can still get better? Sualli? The guy who’s leaving? 90% of their team has reached their potential and the majority aren’t as good as they were 2-3 years ago. Won 1 semi in 4 years which was against the titans by 2 points.

Again, I would preface this by saying to ignore today's game in terms of how the roosters shape up this year, weird things happen on ANZAC Day.

In answer to your question, everyone can improve, especially in defence. Edge defence has been the Achilles heel and needs to be worked on as a priority.

This year the competition has tightened drastically. We won't be missing the 8 and I will be surprised if we don't finish top 4. There is no obvious premier this year and we are one if the teams that can get the job done if we hit our stride at the right time but there is a lot of work to do.

As I mentioned in this thread before the game, I would say the media furore against us this week was a massive overreaction. Yes we can and need to be better but at the end of the day our 3 losses are round 1 against dolphins and then two away games against storm and sharks. Meanwhile storm have lost to dogs, titans and manly, the grand finalists are well off the pace and the home prelim finalists are in a state of emergency.

10$ Ferret

Staff member

you are correct. Except you left out the bit that if Hutch didn't come on in the centres the Roosters lose. They would have gone through Suaali at least 2 or 3 more times.

BWNB

First Grade
Even if Radleys shoulder didn't make contact with the head the sin bin is still warranted. Can't make contact with the head with force.

Latest posts