What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Apparel

callmack1

Staff member
It's starting to get to that exciting time on year for us jersey nerds where we should start seeing our 2023 jerseys and other gear getting unveiled. Can't wait!!

I'm predicting that our on-field home and away kit will not change from 2022 at all. We have no sponsorship changes for 2023 and are still with Classic Sportswear who are still running the same jersey template next year so I'd say nothing will change.

Of course, all the training and off-field apparel will change and with the boys starting Pre-Season tomorrow, I'm very excited to get a first glimpse at it!

Looking forward to a lot of stuff coming soon for the new Season!!!

Please use this thread to discuss all things apparel related for our mighty club in 2023.

callmack1

Staff member
Souths did a post for the start of Pre-Season so the new training kit has been revealed!

That is straight fire if you ask me! Very nice, sleek and classy. The boys will be looking sharp in 2023. I love it and will certainly be getting my hands on some!

Side note, it appears Jaaims is no longer the training sponsor, they have been replaced by VSP.

callmack1

Staff member
Our home and away jerseys for 2023 were officially revealed by the club today!

Screenshot 2022-11-14 215534.jpg Screenshot 2022-11-14 215556.jpg

As predicted, there are no changes to either jersey from 2022 which incredibly, is the first time we've had an unchanged kit heading into a new year since 2016/17.

A lot of the off-field kit also went on sale today and I reckon it all looks pretty damn good! The best we've ever had in my opinion, and I'll be snapping up plenty of it.

callmack1

Staff member
The club has a lot of 2023 gear on the online shop now but I thought I'd point this one out in particular, it was added to the shop yesterday,

Screenshot 2022-11-19 103302.jpg
It's our Captain's Run training jersey for next year. A bit different, a bit retro, but I like it!!!

I currently like what we do with our away jersey (and I know I'm in the minority with that), but many will make the argument that something like this should be our away jersey.

Thoughts?

YouKnowImRight

Juniors
The club has a lot of 2023 gear on the online shop now but I thought I'd point this one out in particular, it was added to the shop yesterday,

View attachment 68264
It's our Captain's Run training jersey for next year. A bit different, a bit retro, but I like it!!!

I currently like what we do with our away jersey (and I know I'm in the minority with that), but many will make the argument that something like this should be our away jersey.

Thoughts?

It’s a shrewd move by the club, if they want to maintain the traditional integrity of the game day jerseys we have the opportunity to increase merch sales with things like this & other merch, I think it’s special & unique that we don’t change our playing strip dramatically

callmack1

Staff member
As if this jersey couldn't get anymore special, Souths have just made it available to pre-order a retail version!!!!

https://shop.rabbitohs.com.au/john-sattler-commemorative-jersey/

I honestly have tears in my eyes, this is just so special. They weren't going to make it available for retail but it has obviously been so well received that probably hundreds of people have called for it. Great that they got the family's blessing and it's an opportunity for us fans to commemorate Satts with our own little bit for the rest of our lives. The club realises this and that's why they've done it.

So, so special I honestly have tears in my eyes.

Just ordered mine and it will be one of the most special jerseys in my collection til the day I die.

Cameronb

Juniors
Any news on an Anzac jersey? This week is the Anzac round and we play Thursday night but we’re yet to release a jersey for it

callmack1

Staff member
2023 ANZAC Round Jersey: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2023/04/17/2023-anzac-round-jersey/

It's certainly different but I like it!!! Would prefer more Red and Green but this is classy, respectful and it has a good story behind it. Certainly much better than most other clubs Anzac jerseys with the 'cartoons' on the front of them. I think they're not as tasteful but Souths have hit the nail on the head in terms of respect.

I think we can all agree it's better than the 2021 blue Anzac kit.

I'll be getting one I reckon!

Let's go out there on Thursday and make it a famous jersey with a win!!

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Pay Tribute to Maggie Moloney in Women in League Round: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/rabbitohs-pay-tribute-to-maggie-moloney-in-women-in-league-round

Our 2023 Women in League jersey has been revealed!!!

I gotta say, this is probably the coolest story we've ever had behind a Women in League jersey. Very meaningful. Certainly has more of a story to it than the pink and green stripes. For that reason, I really like it!

However, With images all over it, I think it does look a little tacky. It's not bad or anything, just looks a bit tacky for mine.

Still, it'll most likely grow on me, and I'll be absolutely loving it by the time Round 22 rolls around.

Latest posts