What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Membership

guyver78

Juniors
Has anybody seen the 2023 membership packages? I just read the email and think we got shafted in the worst possible way.

- 8 Games at ACCOR/ANZ Stadium.
- Remainder of our games in QLD and Perth. Like seriously..........WTF

On top of that we will undoubtedly be shafted again and have a whole lot of Thursday/Friday night games scheduled.

What happened with returning to the SFS? Blake Solly can put as much of a positive spin on this as he likes. Fact is we were shafted hard, we got done.

I'm thinking after a decade of supporting the club with a Diamond membership I might just take a pass next year and not renew.

Wondering what others think?

callmack1

Staff member
I respectfully disagree. There would be one, maybe two more games at Accor next year if it wasn't for the FIFA Women's World Cup using the stadium and thus, the NRL not having access for a period of time.

It seems it was too late to strike a deal on Allianz for 2023. Will likely happen for the 2024 Season I reckon.

guyver78

Juniors
I respectfully disagree. There would be one, maybe two more games at Accor next year if it wasn't for the FIFA Women's World Cup using the stadium and thus, the NRL not having access for a period of time.

It seems it was too late to strike a deal on Allianz for 2023. Will likely happen for the 2024 Season I reckon.
Agree there would have been at least 2 more games at ANZ. I don't count the away game against the Dogs as that is not our home game and we've just shoved into a corner on Level 4 east.

Also the way the club is excited at playing games at venues like Dubbo/Mudgee. Give it a rest, they're high school training grounds at best not designed for NRL first grade matches.

I also don't mind them taking up to 2 games away to either Sunshine Coast, Gosford or Perth but anymore then that what's the point.

Mate I don't know that just sounds weak to me. How could we be late to strike a deal with the Sydney football stadium?

I totally supported the club in 2006 when they moved to Homebush as it was a financial decision but we're no longer poor as a club/brand. There is no reason for us at all to continue playing our home games at a venue that's closer to Parramatta or Balmain then South Sydney.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Has anybody seen the 2023 membership packages? I just read the email and think we got shafted in the worst possible way.

- 8 Games at ACCOR/ANZ Stadium.
- Remainder of our games in QLD and Perth. Like seriously..........WTF

On top of that we will undoubtedly be shafted again and have a whole lot of Thursday/Friday night games scheduled.

What happened with returning to the SFS? Blake Solly can put as much of a positive spin on this as he likes. Fact is we were shafted hard, we got done.

I'm thinking after a decade of supporting the club with a Diamond membership I might just take a pass next year and not renew.

Wondering what others think?
Usually mate we just get 9 home games at Accor and the one away against the Dogs. This year I went to Gosford too and got entry wth my members card. I believe next year we get 8 games at Accor at home, 1 home game at Allianz and entry to the away game v the Dogs. I’m a diamond member too and have had no issues sneaking in to get on level 1 for this game I tend to always sit in Bay 102 near the Burrow as I can’t see on level 4. We always take 3 home games elsewhere that’s happened for years now.

Because we are one of the top teams and rate so well yes we tend to not get a Sunday or Saturday Arvo game at home. This year we got a few Sat 5:30 games which was nice and some Sat 7:30 games.

Solly signed a contract for Accor in late November 2020 i believe for us to be there for the next decade. He shouldn’t have signed a decade long contract but it would not have been just his decision. Apparently the club knew that Accor wouldn’t get upgraded when signing the contract. We have been negotiating with govt and venues NSW but not much progress was made, so we have to stay at Accor for 2023. I also think the govt does not want Accor to become a white elephant stadium. Solly said if they upgrade Accor we stay there long term.

Personally I’ll go whether we play at either stadium. No doubt our membership will increase in price due to inflation but if we do move to Allianz in future I hope the membership won’t be more expensive than Homebush but I feel it could be. Also I want the club to play wherever we get the best financial deal.

I love this club too much to not renew as I said wherever our home ground is I’ll go but the price better not greatly increase if we are back to Allianz by 2024.

Allianz is great for atmosphere but to get in and out of its shit and the food and drinks are much more expensive than Accor. For someone who is not on a big wage like me it’s not affordable to buy the food or drinks at Allianz only good if you are rich.

guyver78

Juniors
Usually mate we just get 9 home games at Accor and the one away against the Dogs. This year I went to Gosford too and got entry wth my members card. I believe next year we get 8 games at Accor at home, 1 home game at Allianz and entry to the away game v the Dogs. I’m a diamond member too and have had no issues sneaking in to get on level 1 for this game I tend to always sit in Bay 102 near the Burrow as I can’t see on level 4. We always take 3 home games elsewhere that’s happened for years now.

Because we are one of the top teams and rate so well yes we tend to not get a Sunday or Saturday Arvo game at home. This year we got a few Sat 5:30 games which was nice and some Sat 7:30 games.

Solly signed a contract for Accor in late November 2020 i believe for us to be there for the next decade. He shouldn’t have signed a decade long contract but it would not have been just his decision. Apparently the club knew that Accor wouldn’t get upgraded when signing the contract. We have been negotiating with govt and venues NSW but not much progress was made, so we have to stay at Accor for 2023. I also think the govt does not want Accor to become a white elephant stadium. Solly said if they upgrade Accor we stay there long term.

Personally I’ll go whether we play at either stadium. No doubt our membership will increase in price due to inflation but if we do move to Allianz in future I hope the membership won’t be more expensive than Homebush but I feel it could be. Also I want the club to play wherever we get the best financial deal.

I love this club too much to not renew as I said wherever our home ground is I’ll go but the price better not greatly increase if we are back to Allianz by 2024.

Allianz is great for atmosphere but to get in and out of its shit and the food and drinks are much more expensive than Accor. For someone who is not on a big wage like me it’s not affordable to buy the food or drinks at Allianz only good if you are rich.
Good post mate, some truths in there. I'm just frustrated and disappointed like most of the people I know who regularly attend games that after all this time we're still stuck at that stadium.

Like ok one thing the NRL and clubs always harp on about for those like myself or you who attend 90% of games is "game day experience". What they're failing to see/realise is that game day experience is created by the fans and nothing else and always by the total number of fans who turn up to any given game.

They can install as many big screens as they like at the stadium, they can put out as many jumping castles outside for the kids as they like or they can deck out the stadium in as much red & green as they like to make us feel at home. NOTHING is going to change the fact that "game day experience" for you and I will still be 11-12K waving their lonely flags in a 84K capacity stadium that's 90% empty.

The SFS even prior to redevelopment was probably the best venue, perhaps with the exception of Bankwest after redevelopment to watch league games in NSW. ANZ stadium is a beautiful venue but you need at least 30K whilst the SFS can get away with half of that for the same game day experience whether this was the new redeveloped or the old SFS.

Even if you look at the seating at ANZ, in my opinion only of course besides Aisles 107, 108, 130 and 131 the rest of the seats are rubbish for a game where only 12K turn up.

If we're talking about travel and getting to each stadium, well that's subjective because for some of our fans i'd imagine Homebush would be easier to get to whilst for the others it's Moore Park. For me it's enither a 32min walk from the city to SFS or 35min drive to Homebush so it's not a deal breaker either way.

Funny you should mention prices, I just checked the season ticket prices for the Roosters. Their "Gold seat" at the SFS which is equivalent to our Diamond seat is $500 for the whole year. Our Diamond seats were released this morning and we pay $430 for the same seat. So the price difference is negligible and not really even a factor.

Price of food and/or drink? I've never understood that one with the exception of perhaps kids who are screaming for a coke or a pie and having parents who eventually give in and overpay for that low quality garbage that's just good to feed the birds.

At the end of the day it's a "2 hour footy game" at the most. Can't people exercise some self control, do their body a big favor and not eat that low quality overpriced crap. For me personally, i'd eat the food if it was better quality but those hot chips, sausage rolls or pies are not worth more the $1.