What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Another Week of Pre-Season in the bag: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/12/06/another-week-of-pre-season-in-the-bag/

For those not really following Pre-Season, here's a quick update for you,

Basically all players have now returned to training as of late last week I think. That includes senior guys like Cody and Cooky. The only players yet to return are Trell, Cam, Stretch and Keaon. I believe they return after the Christmas/New Year break on the 6th, then it's fully all go, full steam ahead to get ready.

Thumper

Juniors

I think Tatola and Sele start.

Tom, Havili and Moale or DSF off the bench with Host.

Knight to play some time in NSW Cup first
Knight can f**k right off.
I reckon arrow plays more middle than edge in 23 if host stays fit. Makes the bench look A lot stronger with him there or one of the others named

callmack1

Staff member
This is from a poster off another forum who attended training on Thursday. Jeez this makes me excited!

"Went for my first look at pre season training today, very very pleasing, way ahead of where I’ve ever seen us before pre Christmas."

"Hungriest I’ve seen, great energy from the top down, JD, Sam etc."

"Sam’s taken no time to insert himself into the onfield coaching structure, very hands on, pulling and pushing blokes into position, taking fellas aside for instruction, giving them a bake etc."

"To my untrained eye Thompson looked to have a bit of an issue today, maybe a groin. Stayed on the paddock, mostly on the sidelines doing straight running only."

Thumper

Juniors
This is from a poster off another forum who attended training on Thursday. Jeez this makes me excited!

"Went for my first look at pre season training today, very very pleasing, way ahead of where I’ve ever seen us before pre Christmas."

"Sam’s taken no time to insert himself into the onfield coaching structure, very hands on, pulling and pushing blokes into position, taking fellas aside for instruction, giving them a bake etc."

"To my untrained eye Thompson looked to have a bit of an issue today, maybe a groin. Stayed on the paddock, mostly on the sidelines doing straight running only."
Thompsons biggest issue is his hands. Minimum 2 errors every game in nsw cup. Blokes like Cleary, button even Reno will pepper him with bombs.
I hope he's been practicing.

having sam there is huge for them. Like I said previously they have the potential to be the best pack in the league. Hopefully he helps them get there.
2014 we had the best pack as well. Besides Tyrell anyway.

Travitoh

First Grade
Thompsons biggest issue is his hands. Minimum 2 errors every game in nsw cup. Blokes like Cleary, button even Reno will pepper him with bombs.
I hope he's been practicing.

having sam there is huge for them. Like I said previously they have the potential to be the best pack in the league. Hopefully he helps them get there.
2014 we had the best pack as well. Besides Tyrell anyway.

DT played the most games that season, missed the fewest tackles and committed the fewest errors. Sure he wasn't glamorous but to exclude him as a part of the comps best pack that year is f**king ludicrous.

Thumper

Juniors
DT played the most games that season, missed the fewest tackles and committed the fewest errors. Sure he wasn't glamorous but to exclude him as a part of the comps best pack that year is f**king ludicrous.
And averaged 60m a game. Let's not get to carried away.

Travitoh

First Grade
And averaged 60m a game. Let's not get to carried away.
DT didn't need to make metres though, we had 3 Burgii for that. His job was to minimise the amount of grit work the brothers had to do by making his tackles and taking the tough carries while earning very little in comparison. He absolutely was a contributer of that successful pack and deserves to be recognised as such.

handyman2190

Bench

In my opinion, thompsons biggest problem apart from his couple of mistakes per game is that he was out of the game for a few years ballooned to 130kg then had to crash the weight, it takes time for the body to adjust,much work has to be done on weights and conditioning, he managed to barge his way over for trys which was great but i didnt think he was fast and thats what he needs to work on speed and conditioning his body,otherwise he is gona be injury prone,its not good hearing he is injured again

callmack1

Staff member

Keaon back early!! Whoohoo!! I swear I've never seen so many guys return earlier than expected in a Pre-Season, it's friggin awesome and shows the mindset of the team.