What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs extend contract of Siliva Havili until at least the end of 2025: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...siliva-havili-until-at-least-the-end-of-2025/

Bit of a surprise to come home and see this news as nothing had been mentioned of it prior to today, but it ios certainly a welcome surprise!!

Big fan of this re-signing and there's no doubt Liva deserves it. He was so goo off the bench last year that there's actually not many bench players I'd trade for him, he was that good. A running game that provides pretty massive impact, he's versatile and he's a leader.

Well done Souths!

Thumper

Juniors
Rabbitohs extend contract of Siliva Havili until at least the end of 2025: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...siliva-havili-until-at-least-the-end-of-2025/

Bit of a surprise to come home and see this news as nothing had been mentioned of it prior to today, but it ios certainly a welcome surprise!!

Big fan of this re-signing and there's no doubt Liva deserves it. He was so goo off the bench last year that there's actually not many bench players I'd trade for him, he was that good. A running game that provides pretty massive impact, he's versatile and he's a leader.

Well done Souths!
100%. Didn't know how he would go when south's signed him. He had genuine impact of the bench in almost every game he played. Perfect bench player. Does and job in the middle and is cover for cookie.
the Tongan Rabbitohs.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well done Souths!
Out of the blue and it did bring a smile to my face when I checked my emails tonight.

big hit!

Bench
Our recruitment and retention has copped plenty since Reyno departed but where are those critics now? We've just retained our entire spine and are now going after one of the brightest young talents in the game. granted, we might not get him but you never know!!

I don't get why.

Wasn't Reynolds pulling up lame last season enough vindication that the right decision was made to let him go, and blood a young 'un. Ilias will be better for it, and given the way young Jye Gray played on the weekend, and Tyrone Munro too, it seems that in 3 or 4 years there will be ready replacements for Walker and Johnstone at the very least.

Then there are all the other young uncapped guys on the roster such as Kalo Kalo, Karapani in the backs, and Lovett in the forwards.

Letting Reynolds and Gagai go enabled the club to retain Mitchell, Walker and Cook. They've resigned Havili.

The approach is obviously to build from within similar to Penrith and create attachment for players to the club, rather than be in a position like Canterbury or Tigers and sign up mercenaries who have played at multiple clubs and are simply turning up for a pay check.

YouKnowImRight

Juniors
I have been listening, more money also includes benefits during and after football,i know the cap was increased dramatically so they are getting more money, they want benefits,alot of benefits,rome wasnt built in a day, there can be negotiation during the season , the players dont need to stop everything and threaten strike action,like a good union they can get by increments bit by bit, but like i said older players have an agenda to feather their retirements, also women have recieved a significant cap rise and as their game matures it will increase along with benefits.
As far as im concerned its greed and we need to get on with it instead of being militant and uncompromising
What a horrible load of shit you sprout
They deserve everything they get with the amount of physical trauma they face & it’s very important they also secure their future, things like long term health support & the other benefits are totally validated
good on the players, I hope they take industrial action if the NRL refuse to negotiate in good faith

callmack1

Staff member
Getting back on topic, I really hope Tom is next. A bit concerned we haven't heard anything about him.

callmack1

Staff member

handyman2190

Bench
We all know his type. Complain about everything. Says we haven't made any signings. Then complains we haven't re signed 10 players. Must think squads are unlimited numbers.
I bet he slagged the boys off after the 2021 too.
Ive slagged no one except now go f**k yourself imbeciles

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Lock in: Newton calls for CBA priority as Season nears

Rugby League Players Association boss Clint Newton has called for the collective bargaining agreement negotiations to be made priority until they are complete as the looming threat of strike action grows by the day.

The NRL and RLPA have been locked at the negotiating table for well over 12 months over the future finances of the game.

The original October deadline - before the old CBA expired on October 31 - has well and truly come and gone, with the NRL then announcing a revised salary cap on Christmas Eve which was quickly slapped down by the RLPA as not being agreed to.

Negotiations have continued since then, seemingly without any progress being made.

Now, with NRL trials just over two weeks away, and the season itself kicking off in the first week of March, the threat of strike action from the playing group has grown.

It has emerged in recent days that the pre-season trials - which form part of the new pre-season challenge and will grant the winning club $100,000 in prizemoney - are now at serious risk, as is the NRL All Stars game, which is set to be held in New Zealand for the first time.

RLPA boss Newton said that it was time for long meetings to take place - in a lock-in style - to get an agreement across the line, but also told News Corp he was confident of breaking the deadlock.

“That is the only way we're going to make progress – by consistently meeting for long periods of time. That is how you'll break any type of impasse or deadlock," Newton said.

“That is something we are 100 per cent committed to doing.

“I am optimistic about reaching a resolution, I just can't say when. It requires both parties to reach an agreement and then you've got the clubs connected to that as well.

“I think we will get there. Andrew and I reconnected last week which was good.

“The players are passionate about this, as they should be, and hopefully we can get an outcome at some point.”

The RLPA are pushing the NRL on a number of sticking points, including the women's game and the funding of players once their career ends in injury, retirement and hardship programs.

The NRL and RLPA are disputing the figure which has been offered by the NRL, while the NRL also believe the RLPA shouldn't have complete control of those funds.

The first NRL trial is scheduled to be played on February 9 between the New Zealand Warriors and Wests Tigers.