What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

TigerDen

Juniors
Has anyone had any news on who might compete in next year's RMC & SS. All I have heard is Rouse Hills Rhinos may enter a team in SS. The comp needs to be strengthened, but I'm not sure how?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Has anyone had any news on who might compete in next year's RMC & SS. All I have heard is Rouse Hills Rhinos may enter a team in SS. The comp needs to be strengthened, but I'm not sure how?

More than 7 teams would be a start. Stronger selection of teams too.

TigerDen

Juniors
More than 7 teams would be a start. Stronger selection of teams too.
To strengthen teams, perhaps the NSWRL could talk to Peter Weisner of Norths and develop a system based on their successful relationship with Hills Bulls. How you can have a mix of NSW Cup and other squad members, play at RMC and SS level, without exceeding the PPIS and salary cap limits.

TigerDen

Juniors
Hills Bulls started pre season last Tuesday. Has anyone heard of any news from other clubs?

Broncos93

Juniors
Glebe has ended its relationship with Newtown and will instead feed the Roosters NSW Cup side. I assume this means they'll be playing out of Wentworth Park instead of Henson now.

Glebe has ended its relationship with Newtown and will instead feed the Roosters NSW Cup side. I assume this means they'll be playing out of Wentworth Park instead of Henson now.
It's confusing with the Roosters fielding their own NSW Cup side and apparently still providing players to the North Sydney Bears NSW Cup side.

The Roosters will have to sign quite a few players to fill the squad numbers for their NSW Cup side

Broncos93

Juniors
According to a video put out by the Bears, the Roosters Cup team will focus on youngsters and draw mainly on Jersey Flegg talent for depth.

Norths claim they'll still get some of the older players from the Roosters top 30 and will have to expand their own squad of contracted players by about 40%. Might see a bit more movement with Hills players as well.

siv

First Grade
It's confusing with the Roosters fielding their own NSW Cup side and apparently still providing players to the North Sydney Bears NSW Cup side.

The Roosters will have to sign quite a few players to fill the squad numbers for their NSW Cup side
Roosters use a hoarding of players tactic

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There'll be 9 clubs in both comps next year.

7 clubs in both: Saints, Brothers, Wenty, Glebe, Hills, Ryde-Eastwood and Mounties

Plus
RMC - Canterbury, Silktails
Shield - Moorebank & Cabramatta

TigerDen

Juniors
There'll be 9 clubs in both comps next year.

7 clubs in both: Saints, Brothers, Wenty, Glebe, Hills, Ryde-Eastwood and Mounties

Plus
RMC - Canterbury, Silktails
Shield - Moorebank & Cabramatta
Looks like Ryde Eastwood will be feeder for West Tigers NSW Cup. Pity a club like Wests Magpies couldn't make a go of RMC.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Looks like Ryde Eastwood will be feeder for West Tigers NSW Cup. Pity a club like Wests Magpies couldn't make a go of RMC.

There's been absolutely zero indication from Western Suburbs as to not participating in the RMC again in 2023.

Also - Wests Tigers NSW Cup is the Magpies.

rightleftin

Juniors
The Silktails will have a new look team in 2023 as 6 of their players being signed by Ipswich Jets, which has become another feeder to the Roosters.

Presumably the guys that are not picked for Blacktown Workers NSW Cup team will play for Brothers in RMC.

Norths website says that JV with Hills District has been terminated.

TigerDen

Juniors
There's been absolutely zero indication from Western Suburbs as to not participating in the RMC again in 2023.

Also - Wests Tigers NSW Cup is the Magpies.
Do you know something about Wests RMC that the League United Editor doesn't know?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Do you know something about Wests RMC that the League United Editor doesn't know?

So I did some digging, consulted some sources (emailed the club lol). No Magpies in 2023. Focus on NSW Cup and Flegg. Open to rejoining in 2024.

Damn man, guess I need to cheer the Hawks now

Latest posts