What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

TigerDen

Juniors
So I did some digging, consulted some sources (emailed the club lol). No Magpies in 2023. Focus on NSW Cup and Flegg. Open to rejoining in 2024.

Damn man, guess I need to cheer the Hawks now
I'm disappointed too. They had the structure to be successful but I feel they did not get enough support from their NSW Cup squad to bolster the team. Maybe next year.

rightleftin

Juniors
Was that in the interview or am I blind and didn't see it. I wonder what happening with either side of that relationship

I had a look again and it is as clear as mud. There are these Q & A's posted and after talking about Roosters concentrating on Flegg but bears will be "pulling on" JV with Hills, which must mean it is continuing, whereas I read it as "pulling out" of JV with Hills.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I had a look again and it is as clear as mud. There are these Q & A's posted and after talking about Roosters concentrating on Flegg but bears will be "pulling on" JV with Hills, which must mean it is continuing, whereas I read it as "pulling out" of JV with Hills.
all good. I would be surprised if that was stopped. But then I am old and confused :)

TigerDen

Juniors
What are the Bears doing in 2024 though as I cannot see them linking with another Sydney NRL Club.
Me thinks Norths will do it tough going alone, as did Mounties without the support of Canterbury last year. Proof being Mounties have withdrawn from this year's NSW Cup and will play RMC and Shield only.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I think that could've been a NSWRL decision to keep the numbers balanced - Mounties out, Warriors back in.

Hopefully we get some news regarding draws soon.

Illawarra Cup might expand as well.

Parraman2

Juniors
I am hearing St Pats Blacktown have entered a bid to come into Sydney Shield.
That would be good with the facility they have.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I haven't seen anything myself and at this stage there is no draws for any of the NSWRL Administered competitions - from Junior to Seniors reps - Junior Reps Start Early February and Seniors Early March 2023
If past indicators are anything to go by, juniors will be out in mid-January

rightleftin

Juniors
I got that from the document date in properties, but who knows how right that is
Probably correct. They didnt change the salary cap for 15 years - that is why semi pro footy went down the drain. Before 2003 you could actually make decent money playing for sub district clubs. Wenty's payments for Metro 1sts & reserves in 2002 was just shy of $500k - everyone had individual contracts, there were 36 different payrates on the computer for 42 players.

In purchasing power terms that is nothing compared with Penrith paid in 1966 when they had 2 test players another 2 NSW players and a total of 20 first graders in their 2nd Division premiership.

rightleftin

Juniors
Luke Branighan has taken over as coach at Mounties, replacing Brock Shepperd, who is now assistant coach at Blacktown Workers NSW Cup.

Latest posts