What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

K_Tigers12

Juniors
Any update on trial matches or scores over the weekend? Heard Ryde had a trial match over the weekend

rightleftin

Juniors
Players from RMC last year that will play in Round 1 of the NRL preseason are:

Manly - Jake Toby, Joe Tramontana, Jackson Ferris
Penrith - Luke Sommerton, Trent Toelau, Antonio Pelesasa
Melbourne - Max Lehmann
Newcastle - Toni Topouniaua
Parramatta - John Olive
Roosters - Vuate Karawalevu

rightleftin

Juniors
Geez how many players are Norths going to carry on their NSW squad.🤔
North Sydney

Alfred Smalley
Ben Marschke
Ben Seufale
Ben Stevanovic
Dane Aukafolau
Dane Francis
Felix Niutili-schmidt
Fetalaiga Pauga
Harrison Leonard
Joshua Bergamin
Jesse Marschke
Joshua Bergamin
Joshua Rizk
Kieran Hayman
Kruz Niutili-Schmidt
Kurt Deluis
Logan Aldridge
Matthew French
Mitchell Francis
Morgan Mcwhirter
Phillip Makatoa
Regan Hughes
Reuben Porter
Sean Garner
Tevita Masima
Toa Mata’afa
Tyran Ott
Vito Tevaga
William Fakatoumafi
Zach Dockar-Clay

earl park riot

Juniors
Pretty well for a first hit out. Glebe effectively played two sides - those on train and trials and their contracted Ron Massey players. When the train and trial players weee on they trailed 6-2. When the RMC players were on they won 4-0. They were also missing 7 Ron Massey players. Not sure whether Brothers were full strength or not.

TigerDen

Juniors
North Sydney

Alfred Smalley
Ben Marschke
Ben Seufale
Ben Stevanovic
Dane Aukafolau
Dane Francis
Felix Niutili-schmidt
Fetalaiga Pauga
Harrison Leonard
Joshua Bergamin
Jesse Marschke
Joshua Bergamin
Joshua Rizk
Kieran Hayman
Kruz Niutili-Schmidt
Kurt Deluis
Logan Aldridge
Matthew French
Mitchell Francis
Morgan Mcwhirter
Phillip Makatoa
Regan Hughes
Reuben Porter
Sean Garner
Tevita Masima
Toa Mata’afa
Tyran Ott
Vito Tevaga
William Fakatoumafi
Zach Dockar-Clay
Looking at Norths squad, I think the Bulls will still see many players being available. I am not as sure they will be of the same quality of previous seasons. Time will tell.

rightleftin

Juniors
Looking at Norths squad, I think the Bulls will still see many players being available. I am not as sure they will be of the same quality of previous seasons. Time will tell.
You clearly believe that Pat Weisner has lost his skill in recruiting. My own analysis is that Norths have a stronger squad in 2023 than 2022, and given that they will have less from the Roosters top 30 this year, they need to be stronger.

My view is that Norths will be able to provide 7-8 players of a good RMC standard from the following:

Retained NS players: Ben Marshke - 13 NRL games & 43 games NSW Cup, Jesse Marschke 45 NSW Cup, Toa Mataafa 42 NSW Cup, Josh Bergamin 70 NSW Cup, Regan Hughes 20 NSW Cup, Keiran Hayman 18 NSW Cup.

From Mounties: Ben Sefuale - 36 NSW Cup, Dane Akafolau 91 NSW Cup, Matt French 7 NSW Cup

From Blacktown Workers: Kurt Deluis - 12 NRL, 50+ NSW Cup, Alfred Smalley 2 NRL, 35 games NSW Cup, Tyran Ott 23 NSW Cup, Ben Stevanovic 17 NSW Cup

From Canterbury: Zack Dockar Clay - 13 NRL, 60+ NSW Cup, Phillip Makatoa 20 NSW Cup

From QRL: Rueben Porter (Tweed Seagulls) 19 Q Cup, 50+ NSW Cup - part of Raiders top 30 in 2019
Harrison Leonard (Central Capras) - 13 Q Cup, Mounties & wests in NSW Cup
Morgan McWhirter (Mackay Cutters) 27 Q Cup

From St George: Mitch Francis 3 NSW Cup

There are a few others like Logan Aldridge from DLS Caringbah - certainly RMC standard, Dane Francis has played in France and various others from Flegg.

In addition, Jerry Key 59 NSW Cup, 23 Q Cup, a squillion RMC - is no longer contracted by Norths but did the preseason with them after he signed with Hills for 2023

Last edited:

TigerDen

Juniors
You clearly believe that Pat Weisner has lost his skill in recruiting. My own analysis is that Norths have a stronger squad in 2023 than 2022, and given that they will have less from the Roosters top 30 this year, they need to be stronger.

My view is that Norths will be able to provide 7-8 players of a good RMC standard from the following:

Retained NS players: Ben Marshke - 13 NRL games & 43 games NSW Cup, Jesse Marschke 45 NSW Cup, Toa Mataafa 42 NSW Cup, Josh Bergamin 70 NSW Cup, Regan Hughes 20 NSW Cup, Keiran Hayman 18 NSW Cup.

From Mounties: Ben Sefuale - 36 NSW Cup, Dane Akafolau 91 NSW Cup, Matt French 7 NSW Cup

From Blacktown Workers: Kurt Deluis - 12 NRL, 50+ NSW Cup, Alfred Smalley 2 NRL, 35 games NSW Cup, Tyran Ott 23 NSW Cup, Ben Stevanovic 17 NSW Cup

From Canterbury: Zack Dockar Clay - 13 NRL, 60+ NSW Cup, Phillip Makatoa 20 NSW Cup

From QRL: Rueben Porter (Tweed Seagulls) 19 Q Cup, 50+ NSW Cup - part of Raiders top 30 in 2019
Harrison Leonard (Central Capras) - 13 Q Cup, Mounties & wests in NSW Cup
Morgan McWhirter (Mackay Cutters) 27 Q Cup

From St George: Mitch Francis 3 NSW Cup

There are a few others like Logan Aldridge from DLS Caringbah - certainly RMC standard, Dane Francis has played in France and various others from Flegg.

In addition, Jerry Key 59 NSW Cup, 23 Q Cup, a squillion RMC - is no longer contracted by Norths but did the preseason with them after he signed with Hills for 2023
I respect your research but what we don't know, is how many players East's will send back to Norths. If it was like Mounties/ Canterbury last season, it will mean Norths will have to rely more on their own squad. This in turn will impact the players available for the Bulls, this will be answered as the season progresses.

rightleftin

Juniors
I respect your research but what we don't know, is how many players East's will send back to Norths. If it was like Mounties/ Canterbury last season, it will mean Norths will have to rely more on their own squad. This in turn will impact the players available for the Bulls, this will be answered as the season progresses.
The problem with that comparison is that Mounties made the decision to play NSW Cup as a standalone club. They got one player from Canterbury because the Bulldogs decided not to select a contracted player with a heart condition.

The coach of Norths is Jason Taylor, and the more junior guy is Coaching the Roosters NSW Cup team, which is slated as being a younger team, and your theory is that the Roosters will default on the agreement they have with Norths.

TigerDen

Juniors
The problem with that comparison is that Mounties made the decision to play NSW Cup as a standalone club. They got one player from Canterbury because the Bulldogs decided not to select a contracted player with a heart condition.

The coach of Norths is Jason Taylor, and the more junior guy is Coaching the Roosters NSW Cup team, which is slated as being a younger team, and your theory is that the Roosters will default on the agreement they have with Norths.
Time will tell 🙂

rightleftin

Juniors
Hills are playing at Laybutt now, presumably against the so called Brothers RMC team.

Glebe beat Woy Woy 6 tries to 1.

Last edited:

rightleftin

Juniors
Brad Keighran represented Hills at the NSWRL launch today so he may have taken over as Bulls captain, following the retirement of Tim Robinson.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
RMC has a naming rights sponsor and will be known as a the Leagues Clubs Australia Ron Massey Cup