What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 season - venue issues due to Women's FIFA World Cup

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Same with hbf over optus here in perth despite optus being a far superior and larger stadium. not sure how popular the womens World Cup is though? maybe 20k crowds are what they think the max will be?
positve is hbf is getting another $35 mill spent on it.
Depends how many Spaniards travel over, Barcelona women had a crowd of almost 92k the other day.

Canard

Immortal
Will Wyndham City stadium be ready?

Storm could play a few games out of that.
Considering they haven't even started construction, I'd guess no.

I also guess it will never get built (at least not as it was proposed)

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Considering they haven't even started construction, I'd guess no.

I also guess it will never get built (at least not as it was proposed)
It's waiting on the Andrews Labor Government to come to the party to build that new station in Tarneit West which will be outside the ground as far as I know.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Ballymore and QE2 are delapidated shitholes. Like really bad.

Wouldn't have an issue with the Gabba in a pinch. Fans don't mind a bit of novelty.
Might be worth housing the Broncos out of Moreton Daily Stadium and share with the Dolphins in that period.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Work it into the suggested “Repay the Warriors Tour of Regional New Zealand”.

Double Headers Saturday.

530 local; Random Home v Random Away
730 local; Random Home v Warriors.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Probably a good opportunity to take games to China, Ukraine or Russia.
All three great choices. However closer to home:

Souths and Canterbury- Combank stadium
Roosters -SCG
Tigers-Campbelltown
Broncos- Gabba
Storm-Marvel, Geelong or Lakeside stadium with temp seating.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Work it into the suggested “Repay the Warriors Tour of Regional New Zealand”.

Double Headers Saturday.

530 local; Random Home v Random Away
730 local; Random Home v Warriors.
Just looked at the venues being used and looks like nz will be in same boat as quite a few stadiums locked up there as well.

grozzy

Juniors
Would any teams be willing to play at Sydney Showgrounds? I know it's less than ideal for spectators, but it has all the player, media and corporate facilities. The Bulldogs could pretend it's a heritage round.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Would any teams be willing to play at Sydney Showgrounds? I know it's less than ideal for spectators, but it has all the player, media and corporate facilities. The Bulldogs could pretend it's a heritage round.
Why wouldn’t you just play most Sydney games at the nrl grounds in nsw not being used? whats being used as training grounds?

probably Storm and brisbane clubs are in toughest spot as no good rectangular stadia near by.

Victorians are f**king hilarious. The MCG wasn't put forward because it's a cricket oval and would be laughed at by FIFA.

But yeah sure.. didn't want to upset the AFL.
Reminds me when the victory had a Swedish striker who could not get his head around having to play at the Sydney Crickey Ground, when they aren’t playing cricket. There were other things he was bewildered about, but geez the AFL can toot their own horn.

I suppose it’s widely accepted they played a role in tanking our bid for the Men’s World Cup.

Broncos could play a game at Townsville Stadium. Make it a Broncos vs ? and Cowboys vs ? double header.

Another double header at Robina Stadium. Broncos vs ? and Titans vs ?.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Reminds me when the victory had a Swedish striker who could not get his head around having to play at the Sydney Crickey Ground, when they aren’t playing cricket. There were other things he was bewildered about, but geez the AFL can toot their own horn.

I suppose it’s widely accepted they played a role in tanking our bid for the Men’s World Cup.
Ola Toivonen?

Why not take Roosters Home games to the smaller grounds in Sydney against the interstate teams - like Concord Oval, Lambert Oval, Coogee Oval etc. Its not like they get good crowds anyway.....

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s really a non issue in sydney, there will only be the two stadiums out of action and Leichhardt as a training ground plus panthers undergoing a rebuild. that still leaves 5 stadiums for use plus Newcastle, gosford and win. Hopefully the best club RL stadium in Sydney, commbank, will see a lot more action. Plus the regional games some play can be scheduled for those weeks

christchruch isn’t being used so they could take a couple of games there. Warriors stadium is free so give them more home games that month

Broncos could play on Gold Coast and away games. Dolphins shame for them To not be able to fully capatilise on the Buzz of an inaugural season and may be confined to redcliffe and sunny coast small grounds For a few games.

storm can play at marvel and maybe take a game to tassie or nt.

would love to see someone take the opportunity to take a game to port Moresby but tv would probably scupper that.

Last edited:

Latest posts