What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 1 *31st May*

strider

Post Whore
I know we bag having too many penrith players in the team, but its probably deserved.

Liam Martin is one who gets questioned but he was probably our best. To'o was awesome too.

I dont like Luai, but i thought he went ok. Tho i would still prefer giving Hynes a full game. Crighton shits me, but again he had a good crack.

Yeo is a very very good player but doesnt have much punch for origin. And Cleary is hands down the best current halfback NSW has and anyone who cant comprehend that is clueless ... but qld know they can get up and target him like crazy to bring him down - he needs a better 6 in the team.

JokerEel

Coach
The Stupid thing is Teddy will be picked for the next 5 years based on him playing good 2 years ago.

The Idiots in the media basically pick the NSW side due to the amount of attention they give the players.

JokerEel

Coach
I know we bag having too many penrith players in the team, but its probably deserved.

Liam Martin is one who gets questioned but he was probably our best. To'o was awesome too.

I dont like Luai, but i thought he went ok. Tho i would still prefer giving Hynes a full game. Crighton shits me, but again he had a good crack.

Yeo is a very very good player but doesnt have much punch for origin. And Cleary is hands down the best current halfback NSW has and anyone who cant comprehend that is clueless ... but qld know they can get up and target him like crazy to bring him down - he needs a better 6 in the team.

Crichton was shit defence was poor and he blew a few tries by not passing to the one guy that was actually making meters and hard to put down.

T.S Quint

Coach
It was both these merkins.

Brad Fitler would be my pick.

Fu*k Hindy, I was thinking the same thing and was wondering if I should post it again. But didn't after the last time I did with all the negativity. But he would be a great pickup and bring so much to the roll and I think he has always actually liked and admired Parra too.

Great minds ha Hindy!?

T.S Quint

Coach
The NSWRL has gone down the road of now having a coach with no 'club affiliations' (currently at least).
So why is it ok to have a selector and advisor who is a current board member of the Penrith Panthers?

eels_fan

First Grade
Hearing Brandy talk in 360 last night showed anyone from Penrith and Teddy is a protected species.

Apparently Teddy played well, as did Cleary. He labelled Cleary's kicking game and running game great in origin.

The team wont change aside from injuries

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hearing Brandy talk in 360 last night showed anyone from Penrith and Teddy is a protected species.

Apparently Teddy played well, as did Cleary. He labelled Cleary's kicking game and running game great in origin.

Yep, you can’t fix a problem if you don’t know there is one in the first place. Hudson Dumb and TPJ will get dumped and they will think they have the side to win game 2.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep, you can’t fix a problem if you don’t know there is one in the first place. Hudson Dumb and TPJ will get dumped and they will think they have the side to win game 2.
Well considering they axed RCG, Staggs and Matto after game 1 last year.

They do the same again this year with those 2 dopes.

They are basically admitting they f..ed up selections in Game 1 b2b years.

It's a sackable offence

T.S Quint

Coach

Brandy is off his rocker. He was before Wednesday's game.
In saying that, I'm wondering whether he actually believes what he is saying. He's not going to come out on TV and bad-mouth the players (especially the ones from Penrith, where he is a board member). He is definitely going to pick them again so no point publically shaming them.

He could probably say something like "Look, there were some players who were disappointing and below what we are expecting from them, but I'm not going to throw them under the bus. We will go back and look at what happened in game 1 and try to rectify the problems and know we will be coming into game 2 with the absolute best we can do."

Not just, "I thought he did good."

Gazzamatta

Coach

And Ill be cheering again for them to get beaten.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well considering they axed RCG, Staggs and Matto after game 1 last year.

They do the same again this year with those 2 dopes.

They are basically admitting they f..ed up selections in Game 1 b2b years.

It's a sackable offence

Was very harsh dropping those three. They thought they were somewhat vindicated after the flogging they put on QLD in game 2, but game 3 showed that was an anomoly.

I hate the whole 'QLD mentality' thing, but I can't argue that it doesn't seem to exist. More often than not they can pick whoever the f**k they want and they will lift and play fantastic when in a Moroons jersey. They believe it, it's instilled into them - "Wear this and you will play great!"

We;ve got blokes who would rather play for Tonga, Samoa or QLD in our team.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Was very harsh dropping those three. They thought they were somewhat vindicated after the flogging they put on QLD in game 2, but game 3 showed that was an anomoly.

I hate the whole 'QLD mentality' thing, but I can't argue that it doesn't seem to exist. More often than not they can pick whoever the f**k they want and they will lift and play fantastic when in a Moroons jersey. They believe it, it's instilled into them - "Wear this and you will play great!"

We;ve got blokes who would rather play for Tonga, Samoa or QLD in our team.
I also think in NSW us fans have this club mentality where if we had the choice between NSW or Parramatta being successful for example most would choose Parramatta meaning more to us.

Where in QLD I reckon the be all and end all for most is beating NSW what happens with the Cows or Broncos is just an added bonus if they are successful.

King-Gutho94

Coach
And Ill be cheering again for them to get beaten.
Hard to argue Gazza.

Been copping it from relatives who are Qlders but as I tell them seeing NSW capitulate on Wednesday was better then actually getting flogged as it showed Freddy/Brandy and the smug pantherised Blues up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I also think in NSW us fans have this club mentality where if we had the choice between NSW or Parramatta being successful for example most would choose Parramatta meaning more to us.

Where in QLD I reckon the be all and end all for most is beating NSW what happens with the Cows or Broncos is just an added bonus if they are successful.
After all these years with f**k all Parra players in the Blues team there are always more players I don't like in NSW than Qld. I love it when the Blues lose. They can get f**ked.