What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sydney Showground Stadium only holds around 23k.

Haha, would anyone even know the gws game was happening there on that night?

You'd hope NSW Transport would have better systems by September and October. Lets hope all goes well by GF day.

However I think playing it on Sunday is the right call.
If you can schedule matches to avoid clashes like this, then why wouldn't you do it?

It's not a "fear" thing" it's just basic logic.
30Secs to Mars are also playing Saturday night at Qudos so you'd think there would be 15k+ there as well?
Also this

undertaker

Coach
That crowd means Newcastle finishes the regular season with an average home attendance of 22636, which is officially the record in their 37 year history (surpassing the 22018 home average they had back in 1990).

Although management will be delighted with that figure, it could've been higher had their home matches vs. Dragons, Warriors and Bulldogs (which still drew 21k on a wet, miserable Friday night) not been rain-affected.

Furthermore, the Knights are easily capable of averaging 25k+ if they were a top 4 side

Last edited:

Jordan23

Juniors
Don’t forget Dolphins played Souths and St George at Kayo for some reason at the very least losing 10k to each game, Dogs playing Dolphins at Bundaberg cost them at least 8-10k

Omott91

Juniors
That crowd means Newcastle finishes the regular season with an average home attendance of 22636, which is officially the record in their 37 year history (surpassing the 22018 home average they had back in 1990).

Although management will be delighted with that figure, it could've been higher had their home matches vs. Dragons, Warriors and Bulldogs (which still drew 21k on a wet, miserable Friday night) not been rain-affected.

Furthermore, the Knights are easily capable of averaging 25k+ if they were a top 4 side
Without the rain I would guess the average to be around 24k or slightly above. At the ground today was a great atmosphere even sitting in the rain 15min before kickoff.

NRL FINALS - WEEK 1 CROWD GUESSTIMATES

21,500 at Bluebet Stadium for Penrith Panthers vs Sydney Roosters
23,000 at AAMI Park for Melbourne Storm vs Cronulla Sharks
25,000 at Queensland Country Bank Stadium for North Queensland Cowboys vs Newcastle Knights
40,000 at Accor Stadium for Canterbury Bulldogs vs Manly Sea Eagles

Iamback

Coach
LOL!

I remember that week 2 final between the Cowboys and Warriors.

Warriors really struggled that day in the heat.

26c with 77% humidity is Sunday's forecast

Throw in that their fan base travel all over the region....

Or we believe the journo that 50k at Accor and 20k at GWS

Is a factor when in 4 weeks 84k will be leaving the area for the GF.

I went to Fooeys in Dec that night had 50c and a rave on.

I also had Blink on the same night as Taylor Swift... no issue leaving any of those events

Nor have I leaving the GF with 85k the last 2 years

So the journo is full of it

jim_57

Staff member

Should be the first NSW club in line for stadium upgrades after Penrith is done.

Latest posts