What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Marlins

Juniors
Storms home ground is 27k , they average under 20k in a year when they lead the comp. They have plenty of room for growth.
This uproar over the odd game possibily pulling more is silly. I think we can leave the hall full stadium issue at homebush thanks.
For years the Broncos averaged under 34k in a 52k stadium. Should we’ve downgraded venues for them?
20k in 27k stadium suggests they are going to grow out of that capacity sooner then later.
Build it they will come.

ouwet

Bench
On level 4, Bays 404-410 are down to single seats only, and Bays 403 and 411 are down to limited seats (<5).

Unclear if all seats in Bays 403-411 have been released, but whatever stock is being released is selling very quickly. I suspect the rest of Level 4 East will be on sale tomorrow, and Level 6 East could be on sale as early as Thursday.

View attachment 93896

Cat 1 & 2 now singles.

From What I Can tell 401, 402 & 412 will be Cat 3 tickets so they're not going to open them until Cat 3 in the lower bowls are done and dusted...

H.H

Juniors
Having more people at a game doesn't necessarily mean it will have a cracking atmosphere. I've been to games where the capacity is three quarters full or close to full, but it had a rather sedate atmosphere, because the home team was getting thumped. Kinda depends with what happens on the field too.

With regards to new or upgraded stadiums, politics and self interest does occur from time to time. The Roosters weren't selling out majority of their games at the old SFS, but thanks to the old SCG Trust, a new 40k plus stadium was built. While in Melbourne, AAMI Park was restricted to 30,000 capacity so that it would protect the interests of Docklands.

Now tbf to the Roosters, since their return in the last couple of years, they have averaged over 20k in each season. I don't think the Roosters averaged not even once over 20k during their 30 year period at the old SFS. LU, The Wookie, Roosters fans or anyone else could correct me if I'm wrong with those stats.
No that's correct. We got very close in 2013 and 2003 and 2004 were pretty decent too, but yeah averaging 20k+ has only occurred in the new stadium.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
For those interested, here is how the Storm's trajectory looks compared to the Swans and Lions. The chart tracks their average crowds at seasons end. I've adjusted it to show each club's year 1 at the same point for comparison. I've also smoothed out the covid years as it really f**ked up the perspective of the graph.

H2H the Storm are on a similar trajectory without the Superleague bumps that the Lions and Swans got. Also shows that the AFL teams had a similar tough slog in the beginning and were really lifted by us shooting ourselves in the foot but haven't really shown the same dynamic growth since.

Hopefully the Storm continue on their way up and can work out some arrangements for some marquee games at bigger grounds when they start to max out AAMI over the next decade or so.

1726031855164.png

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
For years the Broncos averaged under 34k in a 52k stadium. Should we’ve downgraded venues for them?
20k in 27k stadium suggests they are going to grow out of that capacity sooner then later.
Build it they will come.
I think what's being lost in all of this Victorian 50k stadium chat is that it isn't going to happen tomorrow. It takes someone to put the idea forward, budgeting, planning, designing and building. All of that could take a decade and by then the Storm's growth could well be pushing the AAMI capacity.

EuroNymous

Juniors
i had look at old thread when souths v riff on prelim final in 2022 and the pax on the same day was as today (wednesday) was 29000ish so we are ahead of that with 32k

hopefully the weather stays dry, i know lot of dogs fans on the day like to buy tickets at the stadium also from being at few home games this year

Vee

First Grade
For those interested, here is how the Storm's trajectory looks compared to the Swans and Lions. The chart tracks their average crowds at seasons end. I've adjusted it to show each club's year 1 at the same point for comparison. I've also smoothed out the covid years as it really f**ked up the perspective of the graph.

H2H the Storm are on a similar trajectory without the Superleague bumps that the Lions and Swans got. Also shows that the AFL teams had a similar tough slog in the beginning and were really lifted by us shooting ourselves in the foot but haven't really shown the same dynamic growth since.

Hopefully the Storm continue on their way up and can work out some arrangements for some marquee games at bigger grounds when they start to max out AAMI over the next decade or so.

View attachment 93927
Appreciate your effort.

Latest posts