What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW3 Fri - Melbourne v Sydney @ AAMI

Finals Week 3: Melbourne v Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

• Sydney Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

GongPanther

Referee
If someone can trouble the Storm, it should be Roosters. But one has to observe their game V Panthers 2 weeks ago when they had no answers against a good side. Then a week later they beat a side who was down and out for the count after one minute, Manly were not going to in that.

I think it will be as usual, a close match up to the point when exhaustion will set in with this match with it being played like a grand final.

Storm to run away with it by 34-12.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Just had a closer look at the Manly v Roosters game and the score flattered the Roosters. Two howlers from the bunker and Atkins gifted the Roosters 12 points. The first when Toupaunua kicked the ball when Aloiai played it (which was ridiculously ruled a mistake by Aloiai-the Roosters scored in the next set and Manly lost their challenge). Later in the match Watson ripped the ball away from Lodge in a three man tackle and it was ruled by Atkins to be a loose carry. And Manly wanted to challenge it but had erroneously lost their challenge. The Roosters scored in the next set.

Atkins was only refereeing one side for most of the match. A couple of examples: Garrick was tackled 10 minutes in by Toupaunua who had him in a choke hold. He then crowded Garrick who had trouble getting to his feet. A blatant ruck infringement but Atkins amazingly yelled out “milking”. Shortly afterwards JWH head slammed Ben T not unlike what he did to George Burgess against Souths in the elimination final last year. No penalty. Also Tom T ran shoulder to shoulder with Watson but got penalised for pulling him down. At no stage did he grab Watson despite what the Warren Smith and Alexander seemed to think. BTW as a neutral the Fox commentary was a disgrace …every time the Roosters made a mistake Warren Smith reacted like someone had accidentally stepped on his Warhammer collection. And Blocker was convinced that Koula had been knocked out by the ball (maybe it was the bony part of the ball)

The Roosters had 58 per cent possession in the first half and Manly were gassed as a result. Jake T was a passenger the whole match and let in Sandon Smith. Manly got 3 penalties in junk time , the last with 30 seconds left. Manly only managed to get Olakauatu one on one with Keary twice due to lack of attacking opportunities. Both times he went straight past Keary.

Looking at that I expect Melbourne to account for them convincingly. Grant Atkins could play in big part though.

Spanner in the works

First Grade

Okay, not going to lie, I thought this was Tedesco for a minute and the colour around rugby league news stories as a result of competitiveness had really escalated.

Storm fans, stop firebombing Teddy.

Go the Chooks!

Warrimoo3

Juniors
South Korean visitors to the Manly V Roosters match last week could have been excused for thinking that they were watching an episode of Squid Game after the first couple of minutes .

“Who is the number 1 for the Roosters? He seems to know how to play this game better than anyone .”

Apey

Staff member
Sydney media has been stroking the shaft of the Roosters all week so it'd be nice to see Storm wallop them but there's a good chance of an ambush here. Hopefully not because the Grand Final would be a joke then.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Anyone seen the Red Rooster “crunch time” ad featuring the Roosters. Looks like it was put together in half an hour by a work experience kid. Great idea having Sandon Smith featured . I wouldn’t have even recognised him. And all the Red Roosters seem to located out west. Just like the drive thu Oportos.

moffla

Bench
It’s a closer content than the odds suggest, that’s for sure. We *should* get the job done, but there’s always a big upset in finals time.

soc123_au

Staff member
It’s a closer content than the odds suggest, that’s for sure. We *should* get the job done, but there’s always a big upset in finals time.
I'd prefer the upset is tonight if there has to be one. I am looking forward to some Sobbo salt though.

Saxon

Bench
Sydney media has been stroking the shaft of the Roosters all week so it'd be nice to see Storm wallop them but there's a good chance of an ambush here. Hopefully not because the Grand Final would be a joke then.
I suspect the ambush will be named Atkins.
Still think Storm will win, but it'll be closer than it should be.