What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW3 Sat - Penrith v Cronulla @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Cronulla

• Penrith Panthers

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
After last week Nicho deserves the Matt Nable treatment so here goes:

Picture this. A week 2 elimination final. That’s right. Winner takes all. No second chance. The Sharkies score in the corner . And up steps Nico Hynes. That’s right. The much maligned Nicho Hynes. Straight from the week from hell .

He strikes the conversion with all the metronomic precision of a Glenn McGrath leg cutter. And the ball hooks. A vicious hook. A hook that the Great White Shark would be proud of on the 18th at Augusta. And the ball sails between the posts. That’s right. Over the black dot. “Clutch” Cleary would be proud.

The Sharks’ faithful erupt. Nicho turns to the crowd and smiles. That’s right . He smiles. And the rugby league Gods, wherever they may be , are looking on. And smiling too.

Nealo 12

First Grade
After last week Nicho deserves the Matt Nable treatment so here goes:

Picture this. A week 2 elimination final. That’s right. Winner takes all. No second chance. The Sharkies score in the corner . And up steps Nico Hynes. That’s right. The much maligned Nicho Hynes. Straight from the week from hell .

He strikes the conversion with all the metronomic precision of a Glenn McGrath leg cutter. And the ball hooks. A vicious hook. A hook that the Great White Shark would be proud of on the 18th at Augusta. And the ball sails between the posts. That’s right. Over the black dot. “Clutch” Cleary would be proud.

The Sharks’ faithful erupt. Nicho turns to the crowd and smiles. That’s right . He smiles. And the rugby league Gods, wherever they may be , are looking on. And smiling too.
You forgot to add that the sharks are 40 points down at this stage

Someguy

First Grade
Crazy that these two teams have only played 3 times in last 3 seasons. Shows some serious issues with the schedule. Really should have played each other 4-5 times

mxlegend99

Referee
Gotta feeling Cronulla will aim up here. Still think Penrith will be too good but it won’t be a blowout like I’m expecting the other game to be.
With a grand final appearance on the line. It would be incredibly disappointing if any of the remaining teams didn’t throw everything they have into this.

I think Sharks have it in them to win if they play their best and have a bit of good luck. Or if Panthers play shit (cant see it happening in s prelim) and have some bad luck.

But I am not nervous or concerned for this game. I feel like we should win comfortably. Even if its close. Sharks have Hynes… Panthers have Cleary. So I would just assume Cleary gets it done and Hynes chokes in same opportunity.

That said if Cleary goes down with his shoulder injury. I would be sweating things a bit more. Brad Schneider is just awful and I am not sure Luai can recapture his form from earlier in the season instantly. That would definitely be the great equaliser.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
With a grand final appearance on the line. It would be incredibly disappointing if any of the remaining teams didn’t throw everything they have into this.

I think Sharks have it in them to win if they play their best and have a bit of good luck. Or if Panthers play shit / have some bad luck.

But I am not nervous or concerned for this game. I feel like we should win comfortably. Even if its close. Sharks have Hynes… Panthers have Cleary.

That said if Cleary goes down with his shoulder injury. I would be sweating things a bit more. Brad Schneider is just awful and I am not sure Luai can recapture his form from earlier in the season

I think Sharks have it in them to win if they play their best and have a bit of good luck. Or if Panthers play shit (cant see it happening in s prelim) and have some bad luck.

But I am not nervous or concerned for this game. I feel like we should win comfortably. Even if its close. Sharks have Hynes… Panthers have Cleary. So I would just assume Cleary gets it done and Hynes chokes in same opportunity.

That said if Cleary goes down with his shoulder injury. I would be sweating things a bit more. Brad Schneider is just awful and I am not sure Luai can recapture his form from earlier in the season instantly. That would definitely be the great equaliser.
Battered flake on the dinner menu tonight at Panthers Leagues club .

Warrimoo3

Juniors

Battered flake on the menu tonight at Panthers Leagues club.