What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
I'm going to wait until after that amateur award ceremony on Wednesday night before making any bald predictions.
A huge congratulations to both clubs for getting to yet another grand final.
Speaking of the Rothman’s medal , here are my predictions:

1. Dan “Danny” Levi
2: Drew “Drewy” Hutchinson
3: Bill “Billy” Slater

Best Outsider: Josh “Oshay” Aloiai*
*Josh has been suspended twice this year and is thus ineligible.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Speaking of the Rothman’s medal , here are my predictions:

1. Dan “Danny” Levi
2: Drew “Drewy” Hutchinson
3: Bill “Billy” Slater

Best Outsider: Josh “Oshay” Aloiai*
*Josh has been suspended twice this year and is thus ineligible.

The following contenders for coach of the year :

Trent Robinson (Roosters). Took a ragtag bunch of journeymen , misfits and rejects who all took pay cuts to unite for a common goal…to play under the French speaking master coach. Operating with limited resources and running on nothing more than the smell of an oily rag , and commuting in a clapped out car held together by nothing more than Cash Converter stickers,he managed to take then to within one win of the grand final.

Ricky “Stick” Stuart (Raiders): Having lost his marquee player and talisman Jack Wighton , he managed to take the Raiders to the cusp of the top eight. Despite having no State Of Origin players on his roster and a mobile phone plan with a limited amount of “textas”.

Anthony “Siebs” Seibold : Managed to select a first grade NRL team without a halfback against Souths. And has a four day Harvard degree.

Saxon

Bench

Black Panther

Juniors
Forgot about the put down to be honest. I was more worried about how they ended up with the ball in the first place. Cronulla should’ve been kicking off after a Turuva try.

Billythekid

First Grade
Going to be a tight contest, really 50/50 game. Absolutely insane that a team can make 5 GF’s in a row, this must Surely be the greatest team of all time (well I guess excluding the teams that dominated long before the salary cap).

Molly

Juniors
NAS won’t be getting off. The only defence they will have is the grading is too big, they will argue comparing hits that received a cat 1 vs this one that got a cat 3 and argue the inconsistency if they find any. Worth a shot but will come up empty I reckon

mxlegend99

Referee
The only constants in Panthers 5 Grand Finals:

1. Edwards
2. To’o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
10. Fish
11. Martin
13. Yeo

Well numbers change. But those 8 guys are the constants. Aside from them these guys have been in the final 17/18 on grand final day.

1. Charlie Staines
2. Sunia Turuva
3. Izack Tago
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Paul Momirovski
6. Matt Burton
7. Jack Cogger
8. James Tamou
9. Api Koroisau
10. Zane Tetevano
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Luke Garner
13. Tyrone May
14. Mitch Kenny
15. Kurt Capewell
16. Spencer Leniu
17. Scott Sorensen
18. Josh Mansour
19. Lindsay Smith
20. Jaemon Salmon
21. Sean O’Sullivan
22. Tyrone Peachey

Likely going to add:
23. Paul Alamoti
24. Brad Schneider
25. Liam Henry
26. Casey McLean / Matt Eisenhuth

Its kind of crazy looking at how different that 2020 roster is today. Every year since we have had a handful of new players on grand final day.

borisdog

Juniors
NAS won’t be getting off. The only defence they will have is the grading is too big, they will argue comparing hits that received a cat 1 vs this one that got a cat 3 and argue the inconsistency if they find any. Worth a shot but will come up empty I reckon
Maybe not.

The NRL is basically "forcing" them into challenging the decision.

I mean really, what's the difference between 4 or 5 weeks or potentially playing in the GF?

You gotta roll the dice if you're the Storm Hierarchy don't you?

Molly

Juniors
Maybe not.

The NRL is basically "forcing" them into challenging the decision.

I mean really, what's the difference between 4 or 5 weeks or potentially playing in the GF?

You gotta roll the dice if you're the Storm Hierarchy don't you?
100% roll the dice