What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

taste2taste

Juniors
The 2 times these teams met during the season were snoozefests and the GF will be the same.

5 hit ups, kick to the corner and wait for the opposition to make a mistake.

Wow ! Riveting stuff.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
NAS won’t be getting off. The only defence they will have is the grading is too big, they will argue comparing hits that received a cat 1 vs this one that got a cat 3 and argue the inconsistency if they find any. Worth a shot but will come up empty I reckon
Need a reworked version of “Free Nelson Mandela “ by The Specials . Changed to “Free Nelson Solomona”. Molly Meldrum make it happen.

Foldthec*%#t

Juniors
Edwards on one leg, Cleary shoulder is cooked, Martin 2 head knocks last week and played like it, limping to the end

Paps back to 2020 form, Hughes the best half in the game right now, Grants ruck speed, Munster……

storm by 12+

moffla

Bench
Glad the hearing is tonight. Get it out of the way so we can focus on the week, regardless of outcome

The last 9 grand finals have been contested by brand new GF combinations. With this being a rematch of the 2020 GF, that cool lil run comes to an end.

Sime_11

Juniors
not the GF the neutrals want, but its the one we deserve - the 2 best teams of the season competing.

if NAS gets off - the NRL may as well announce a policy that suspensions occurring during Finals games can be postponed to the following season. he will get it downgraded which he should - but i cant see it being a double downgrade - a very dangerous precedent.

that said - i hope he plays, because you want to play the best possible team on the day.

whilst a 13+ scoreline wouldnt surprise me, i think this will be another EPIC - a tight competitive contest, thats what you want - you want drama and pressure, you dont want the trophy sealed at HT (unless its your team thats ahead)

Panthers in a close one to close the chapter on a very successful era. they need to win this more than Melbourne do, whilst the 3 in a row is an amazing achievement - 2 GF losses to Melbourne during this period will be the Achilles heel that any neutral fan will bring up to Panther fans.

Its been a helluva Journey Panther fans, lets hope we can 4 peat and overcome the 2020 GF loss.

may the best team win

and the refs - stay the f**k out of it and let the players decide. penalise the obvious penalties - stay out of the 50/50 bs calls