What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R9 Thu - South Sydney 12-42 Penrith @ Accor

Round 9: South Sydney v Penrith

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Souths are terrible - but were injury ravaged in-game in positions you don’t carry benchies for. Also against Gee and Orc.

Penrith stink.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Disagree and this ongoing game is further proving my point.

So far this season they are scoring 6 points less on average and conceding 4 more which is a 10 point average turnaround game to game compared to 2023. They are also finding themselves in battles most weeks which has not been the case the last 3 seasons which will naturally result in a few more losses.
images (14).jpeg

Last edited:

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Taking a fullback out of the game early with a hip drop, won’t be the last time either.

Case for larger benches, but still only use 4 of them. So more positions can be covered.

Danish

Referee
Souths 2024 season should be used as a defence by the dogs in their case against training punishments.

that May try is what happens when players dont get pushed at training

Panther Mike

Juniors
Disagree and this ongoing game is further proving my point.

So far this season they are scoring 6 points less on average and conceding 4 more which is a 10 point average turnaround game to game compared to 2023. They are also finding themselves in battles most weeks which has not been the case the last 3 seasons which will naturally result in a few more losses.

We were 4 wins and 4 losses from the first 8 games last season, even with Cleary not missing any games. We lost to the bloody Wests Tigers 12-8 lol.

This year we are 6 wins and 2 losses from the first 8 games with Cleary missing 4 games already. We certainly aren't playing to our potential, but we haven't been fit and firing by any measure. Several players have been playing with niggling injuries.

I'm not saying we are just going to stroll to another comp or anything or that we should even be favorites to do so but we're putting ourselves in the picture and that's all a team can really do at this stage of the year. Being in top form only really matters at the back end.

I think the Broncos and Storm are probably the most impressive teams right now and would be happy for them to be the competition favourites.

yobbo84

Coach
Honest question for those who know the rules better. Gray copped an injury from a sin binned offence, so why couldn't we bring in our 18th man? Is it because he played on? Do you have to go off immediately for that to take effect?

Latest posts