What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 15 - Vs Broncos

callmack1

Staff member
Coming into Round 15 now, coming into the second half of the Season which is pretty crazy. We're back at home on Friday night for a big one against the Broncos. I can't wait, feels good to be genuinely excited about a game again.

This will be the big test of where we're really at right now. We'll find out whether our last two games have really been a case of our opposition being poor or whether we are genuinely starting to turn the tide slightly and whether we're getting there. No doubt our boys will go in with a bit of confidence but I hope that's not false confidence.

Interestingly, we come into this with a bit of winning form, and the Broncos come in with a bit of losing form. I'm not saying we're playing better than the Broncos, but their last couple of games certainly haven't gone to plan. Despite this, I still see them as a genuine contender, and this will be a huge challenge on Friday night. We're going to be really up against it. I hope we're ready.

No Walsh for them, and Cam may be a chance of coming back for us.

Big week, let's get into it!!

callmack1

Staff member
Pretty keen for the team list today. I'm very intrigued to see if they name Cam anywhere, even in the reserves. And if not, how do they decide to replace Havili?

Also, to see if Staggs is good to go or not for the Broncos. He picked up a minor injury on the weekend.

Eric the great

Juniors
Heard Andrew John’s mention in commentary after state of origin he ran into cam and was told by cam that he would be right to go this week

callmack1

Staff member
Beanies for Brain Cancer Round this week. Another very special Round and we all know what this one means. It's amazing work that the Mark Hughes Foundation does, and I encourage everyone to go buy a beanie. I certainly will be.

Some really good pics and vids of training in that last link.

callmack1

Staff member
So Cam to return, that's huge news!! Massive for us.

Someone on another forum was at training today and that's what they said. It seems to have been confirmed by the boys in their media interviews too.

He looked pretty sharp in the training pics and vids today. Was in a green shirt but so were the likes of Cody and Gags so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Very interesting to hear he may be returning on an edge and trained there today. I like that, I really like that. Keaon has been a beast in the middle the past two games and is going so good it's almost at the point where you can't move him, at least not right now anyway. I think Cam was getting a little predictable in the middle, while also being burnt out so him on the edge allows Keaon to keep doing what he's doing, stops Cam from burning himself out, and offers a point of attack on Cam's edge.

Great stuff, I can't wait for the team to drop now!!

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday babyyyyyy!!!

And it's a bit of an exciting one this week!! Our skipper is back!! Yooohooooo!! Incredibly excited about that and I'm glad they've named him on the bench to ease him in. Whether he actually starts or comes off the bench come game day is another story, but we'll see!

Other than that, the side remains the same which you can't really argue with. Of course, I'd rather Kennar wasn't there, but what else do we do?

Decent team.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
So Cam to return, that's huge news!! Massive for us.

Someone on another forum was at training today and that's what they said. It seems to have been confirmed by the boys in their media interviews too.

He looked pretty sharp in the training pics and vids today. Was in a green shirt but so were the likes of Cody and Gags so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Very interesting to hear he may be returning on an edge and trained there today. I like that, I really like that. Keaon has been a beast in the middle the past two games and is going so good it's almost at the point where you can't move him, at least not right now anyway. I think Cam was getting a little predictable in the middle, while also being burnt out so him on the edge allows Keaon to keep doing what he's doing, stops Cam from burning himself out, and offers a point of attack on Cam's edge.

Great stuff, I can't wait for the team to drop now!!
I agree with you re: Keon and Cam
Might shield Cam from grinding him into the dust and Keon has been much better now that he seemingly has attained fitness. They can always switch it around when attacking in the opposition red zone.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Big game, we need to keep that attitude from last week, although the missed tackles were worrying and we cannot afford to miss that many. I said earlier this year I doubt we would win again this season but it just feels like things are coming together.

speedster

Juniors
Should be a tighter affair this week being a night game at home in the dew as opposed to a dry, fast track in the sun that saw lots of breaks and missed tackles. I hope we see improved defence anyway.

Happy to hear that Capt Cam is back and training on an edge. Could be a late switch with MCK at the start? I guess he plays right unless Jai is happy to go across and allow Cam to play left where I think he would be more dynamic and threatening.

Looking at both sides, I reckon we're a 50-50 chance in this one. So, I'll tip with my heart as the tie breaker.

Souths to win.

Steenson123

Juniors
Keon needs to stay exactly where he has been. He has dominated there so use Murray in the second row.
Hornby is displaying intelligence as a Head Coach. He appears to understand what works on the football field.
With Burt steadily looming in the background, expect more Vs before this season is done. Players know they must put an effort in and cannot be laying on the ground with HIM watching.
As for this contest, Brisbane are highly beatable, their recent form is very dodgy and sans Reynolds they are nowhere near as potent.

Steenson123

Juniors
Sinc
Big game, we need to keep that attitude from last week, although the missed tackles were worrying and we cannot afford to miss that many. I said earlier this year I doubt we would win again this season but it just feels like things are coming together.
Since Bennett's confirmation, the entire attitude of the squad has changed. His positive influence has already begun and I expect more wins ahead. The body language and eye dilation has changed significantly, reflected in the fact the squad has scored 40+ ppg in their past two constests, immediately after Burt was confirmed.

handyman2190

Bench
Sinc

Since Bennett's confirmation, the entire attitude of the squad has changed. His positive influence has already begun and I expect more wins ahead. The body language and eye dilation has changed significantly, reflected in the fact the squad has scored 40+ ppg in their past two constests, immediately after Burt was confirmed.
Im laughing at how the hell you can see eye dilation, very funny

callmack1

Staff member

Some fantastic shots from the captain's run today there! The boys look ready.

callmack1

Staff member
Looks like Cam trained fully today so he's definitely back!!! How exciting! Hornby also confirmed he'd play off the bench.

based off the images from the captain's run, it looked like he trained in the middle a bit so can we expect him to play there? Or will it be on an edge? Of course, it's hard to tell from photos.