What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 15 - Vs Broncos

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well my fellow Rabbitohs faithful Game Day is just about upon us again back at home for a Friday Night blockbuster against the Brisbane Broncos. It’s always a tough game against these blokes we played them earlier this year in round 2 and went down 28-18. But a lot has changed since then as we know. It’ll be good to be back at home at Accor on our home turf. For us we need to keep building and getting better. It’s been great to have 2 wins the last 2 games but we need to keep working hard. It would be great to make it 3 on the trot but it is a step up in class of opposition tomorrow night and I feel this test comes at a good time for us. It would be nice to get one over these guys that’s for sure.

Looking at the Broncos they are missing Reyno and Walsh currently big outs. They haven’t quite been the same side this year as last year and the last few games have not looked so good. They sit just inside the top 8. They have been hammered in the press up in Brisbane this week and I expect them to respond. They’ll be led by Haas and Carrigan up front who are very hard to put down. Piakura and Riki offer some strike on the edge. Off the bench big Willison the youngster is also playing very well. Then out wide Staggs and Cobbo have such speed, skill and great strength. Then of course the big danger is Ezra Mam the bloke is a future superstar and is already playing so well for his age. They’ll be hungry to do the basics right and complete their sets and keep us in our own end and expose us out wide where I believe we are still somewhat vulnerable.

For us we still have quite a number of players out it has been a heavy injury toll. It’s great though in that we welcome back our inspirational Captain in Cam Murray it’s a massive in for us. I’d expect him to play about 60mins off the bench. I’m keen to see if he plays solely middle or if he plays some edge as well. No doubt he will want a big performance before going into camp for the Blues. Trell will be looking for another big game as well as he presses his claims for a Blues jersey. What I’m liking on Trell is finally we are seeing him kick the ball in games and utilise a good strength of his as he does have a very good kicking game. It’s good to see Hornby getting Trell to do it every week. I’ll be keen to see Wighton and Cody in the halves again and keep building on their combo. Lets hope AJ gets try numbers 191 and 192 as well! Up front though we have a big job to do to br in the game. Davvy and Keppie and Keaon need big games along with Murray. We need Duncan and Tom to be strong off the bench also. If we don’t aim up in the middle it could be a long night. I want to see energy in everything we do and also defence defence defence we need to show desperation work hard for one another. Out wide we need to be on as best we can as Brisbane will test us there. If we limit the errors and kick to the corners we will be right in the contest and I feel we have enough strike to potentially win but it’s up to us! CMON SOUTHS WIN THOSE EFFORT AREAS!!!

Well not long til the players come out here for Friday Night Footy at the Rabbitohs home ground. Let’s make sure wherever anyone is watching tonight they know that this is South Sydney home turf and a South Sydney home game. Let’s get that South Sydney chant up and around Accor Stadium here tonight for the full 80mins!! Let’s make sure we do all we can in the stands and be that 18th man to get our boys home with those 2 vital competition points here tonight. Great to see so much Red and Green in the stands and let’s make it 3 wins on the trot!

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors making their way down the tunnel…… Rabbitohs members Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Brisbane Broncos……………………

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1…………..

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEEEETTTTTTT…. SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YA HANDS STAMP YA FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRRAAAABBBBIIITTTTOOOOHHHSSSSSSSS!!!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!!

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK ADAM BBBBOOOOOOO ITS 10 METRES NOT 8 BBBOOOOOOO

BBBBBBOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE

BBBBOOOO HOW LONG CAN THEY ALL LAY ON FOR BBBBBOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT LEG PULL BBBOOOOO

BBBBBOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN ADAM!

WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAMS MATE BBBBOOOOOOOOOOO

BBBOOOO THATS FORWARD TOUCHIE HAVE A LOOK!!

BBBBBBOOOO WHERE IS OUR PENALTY THATS A FLOP

THEIRS ONLY ONE SOUTH SYDNEY….. ONE SOUTH SYDNEY……

WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

callmack1

Staff member
I've woken up fresh, firing, and ready to go today as finally, we reach our favourite day of the week. Game day babyyyy!!! Get up, get you colours on and get out there my fellow South Sydney members and fans because the boys need us today. Tonight, we take on the Broncos in what has turned out to be quite the clash.

Us vs the Broncos has turned into a pretty decent modern-day rivalry. It started back in 2019 with the Bennett vs Seibold showdowns. That put a lot of feeling and fire into our games against them and it hasn't changed since I must say. Every time we play them, the game has a bit of feeling in it and I'm sure tonight will be no different.

Tonight will tell us a lot about our team. Tonight, we'll find out whether our recent wins have been a case of playing poor teams or whether or not we have actually turned a corner. We'll either start to believe or come crashing down to earth.

Make no mistake, this is going to be a huge challenge. The Broncos go in as favourites today and rightly so. They've been pretty average in recent weeks, but they're still one of the best teams in the comp full of superstars and they're still a team that is capable of top four. As I said, their performances lately haven't been great, but if anything, I think that makes them more dangerous because they'll come into this pretty hungry. We have to be ready for that from the kick off.

I'm most concerned about their pack. It looks a lot bigger and better than ours. I'm also worried about their centers up against Kennar and Milne. But you never know, if we can apply ourselves the way we have in the last two games, hold the ball and defend well, it's anyone's game.

I'm actually really excited for this tonight, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Nervous for sure, but very excited.

Come on boys!!! We can do this!

Enjoy your game day everyone.

Glory, Glory.

Steenson123

Juniors
Just as
Im laughing at how the hell you can see eye dilation, very funny
Just as hilarious as my push to sack Demetriou and install a Coach comme Billy Slater over a year ago today. Funny too, in fact hilarious, that Dean Widders on NRL Tonight this week was asked: "Dean who would be your preferred choice as Parramatta's Coach?" Widders did not hesitate... " I would throw everything at Billy Slater, he is a standout option for me". Dean did not even mention any other candidate he was that fixated on Slater. I prefer Dean's endorsement of my position to your ignorance and quite frankly, lack of knowledge. I don't bother with personal abuse or idiotic comments, I focus on what counts and what people to target.
Is Widders too on drugs and excessive alcohol consumption? It shows who understands football and who does not.
When I played football, and in the combat sports I trained in for years, one always notes the eyes of opponents. You can see if opponents are excited, head up and eyes wide open or their head is bowed and the lights are out. If the latter, then they are usually cooked. With detailed TV coverage, one can see the facial traits of players, including their eyes. In any case who really cares about your short handed, crass comments... about anything?

Eric the great

Juniors
Just as

Just as hilarious as my push to sack Demetriou and install a Coach comme Billy Slater over a year ago today. Funny too, in fact hilarious, that Dean Widders on NRL Tonight this week was asked: "Dean who would be your preferred choice as Parramatta's Coach?" Widders did not hesitate... " I would throw everything at Billy Slater, he is a standout option for me". Dean did not even mention any other candidate he was that fixated on Slater. I prefer Dean's endorsement of my position to your ignorance and quite frankly, lack of knowledge. I don't bother with personal abuse or idiotic comments, I focus on what counts and what people to target.
Is Widders too on drugs and excessive alcohol consumption? It shows who understands football and who does not.
When I played football, and in the combat sports I trained in for years, one always notes the eyes of opponents. You can see if opponents are excited, head up and eyes wide open or their head is bowed and the lights are out. If the latter, then they are usually cooked. With detailed TV coverage, one can see the facial traits of players, including their eyes. In any case who really cares about your short handed, crass comments... about anything?
I see

handyman2190

Bench
Just as

Your push for a coach who has on many occassions voiced his negativity at club coaching because he has many commitments in melbourne is laughable, the only team he would contemplate i think would be melbourne,but i feel he makes just as much money with his origin,media and horse jobs and likes time with his family,who he dosent want to uproot to another state, but NO your eyes dilate and insist you know better with your sanctamonious BS and aggression to all on this forum,wake up mr combat trained , your out of touch,your dilation must coincide with your lack of mentality.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Just as

But you were pushing for Demetriou to be sacked after round 1.
Last season.
But you were absent then, until round 14.
So let's not pretend that you were Nostradamus......

callmack1

Staff member

Ready to go and I hope the boys are too.

It's a wet track so ball control becomes key.

I really feel like we can do this!!! Come on lads!!

Glory, Glory.