What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
Hasn’t he been in and out all year on poor form, injury and suspension? I just don’t think he’s what we need. Surely we have better options than Sivo. I’m not trying to win anything. I’m happy to stand corrected as well.
He's had some injuries and played some reggies this year. Doesn't mean he's "broken down" which sounded like a gross exaggeration. Anyhow, whatevs. Just throwing it out there since we do need a ready made first grade option on the wing in my opinion along with a power prop and we were mentioning Kyle Feldt just a day or so ago.

Cheers

speedster

Juniors
I’m 50/50 on sivo I think we need to sign young blokes like Munro so we future proof the side ,buys like sivo could be good short term but in a couple of years we are back in the market again looking for a winger and we don’t know how AJ will come back from injury he has been one of the quickest wingers for a few years now but he did look a bit slow on occasions this year and I think south’s don’t seem to put much thought into the wing position it’s been a bit of an Achilles heal for us for awhile now.
Pun intended Eric? :D

Jokes aside, my view has always been that good teams do best when there is a good mix of experience and youth. If they're all young kids, then the team will have a lean year or 3 while they all cut their teeth and learn from mistakes at the same time - or possibly don't learn because they don't have enough old heads helping them to learn.

Also, looking around at the quality and depth of outside backs in the comp, I think our batch is now well behind clubs that just last season we were rated miles ahead of. Virtually the entire comp has steamed passed us and we need to return to being competitive asap by plugging gaps in our squad. So, the odd experienced first grader that maybe is on the wane but can be resurrected by a great coach should be an option.

I mean, I'd like the best of the best but the salary cap and availability kind of gets in the way of that. So, we have to make do with what's possibly available. Sivo will probably go to another club like the Storm or the Roosters and absolutely brain it against us.

He's had some injuries and played some reggies this year. Doesn't mean he's "broken down" which sounded like a gross exaggeration. Anyhow, whatevs. Just throwing it out there since we do need a ready made first grade option on the wing in my opinion along with a power prop and we were mentioning Kyle Feldt just a day or so ago.

Cheers

Well I know one thing speedster we need a goal kicker we don't have one trellmyth is hot and cold and is never there.lets see if dodd can kick our last permanent #7 ilias can't kick at all lol what a smart buy he was taking over from reynolds.

Eric the great

Juniors
Just hope they refresh the squad somehow because we saw what happened with JD sticking with the same tried and tested players didn’t end well for him